Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

Which IP is better? 2.8TDI or 2.8iDTD / choosed 200tdi

<< < (2/6) > >>

libbydiesel:

--- Quote from: Kamikaze on February 11, 2018, 06:37:52 pm ---By "Snout" you mean this collars in circles?
--- End quote ---

Yes, the red is what I mean by snout.

--- Quote ---I have both pulley for long and short snout, but can i use pulley from 17mm shaft on 20mm? Or is cone on shaft different?
--- End quote ---

You cannot use a sprocket that fits a 20mm shaft on a pump with a 17mm shaft.  You cannot use a 17mm sprocket on a 20mm shaft.  There is not any stock sprocket that fits the VW engine that fits the short snout AND the 20mm shaft.  There are various ways that people have dealt with the mismatch.  The most often used method is to have the 1.6 sprocket (17mm short snout) machined to the correct taper and diameter to fit the 20mm shaft at the correct depth.  That custom cut will cost some $$ if you can find someone willing to do it and then add the keyway slot in the correct location.

--- Quote ---I also have pulley for RL pump but i don't have sprocket. It seems like ALH/RL pump have bigger diameter of snout.
--- End quote ---

By RL are you referring to the Land Rover pump?  When you say you have the pulley for it do you mean the center hub that the sprocket bolts to?  The land rover hub is not useful without a significant amount of machining.  The ALH and Land Rover shafts are 20mm (as are all stock TDI pump shafts that I've seen).  The ALH hub will fit on the 20mm pump shaft with the long snout and give the correct sprocket offset when used with the ALH sprocket.  The 1Z/AHU/AFN sprocket will also fit the long snout and 20mm shaft and give the correct offset.

--- Quote ---Somewhere on this forum i saw topic where guy said about Iveco/ducato pump but i can't find it now.
--- End quote ---

I don't know the Iveco/ducato pumps so I can't really comment.

Kamikaze:

--- Quote ---There is not any stock sprocket that fits the VW engine that fits the short snout AND the 20mm shaft.
--- End quote ---
Thanks a lot, I owe you a beer! You saved me ~150€ or a lot nerves.

And i am sorry for my english, it seems i misunderstood some technical term like pulley -> sprocket -> bracket. Now i understant it a lot better.

This is my sprocket and hub from pump 0460404977 with 20mm shaft. I think this is what i would need for RL (yes Land Rover) pump.

I should stop speculating and rather bought expensive Land Rover pump and hope for working one. :D

libbydiesel:
Yes, the ALH hub and sprocket will work fine on the Land Rover pump.  You will need to have the center of the AFN pump bracket machined out to the larger diameter, though. 

Stolen pic:

There are a couple other minor external mods necessary to run the Land Rover pump.  The details are in another thread on the forum here.  Let me know if you need me to find it for you. 

Kamikaze:
Can i ask you for help again? Now I have a chance to buy this pump, but i don't know if it is 200TDI/300TDI or 2.5td.
IP number 0460414069

It's good IP? I am looking for 300TDI because i know timing 1.58mm is good enough.

libbydiesel:
I'm not sure of the part number.  Can you post any pics?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version