Author Topic: Asv conversion (seat Leon)  (Read 2482 times)

December 01, 2017, 09:08:07 am

bashbarnard

Asv conversion (seat Leon)
« on: December 01, 2017, 09:08:07 am »
So I've recently purchased a  Leon, well yesterday. I bought it not running right I know what the issue is already. The turbo vanes are stuck and the map was terrible on it. So when I swapped him my mk4 golf I agreed on the condition I got a take as much "scrap" as I wanted. I've built mtdis in the past just no vw one's. Plan is the 1.6td pump with the di camplate head and plunger from the standard 10mm. Would this work?
Does the pulley from the asv pump fit onto the 1.6 pump and does it time up the same in regards to cambelt   
Also as for running a throttle cable I have to figure that out as well.

Just a few questions so sorry about that. Information is key and all that.
 PS I already have a turbo and flanges ready ady to go.

Reply #1December 13, 2017, 04:21:35 pm

bashbarnard

Re: Asv conversion (seat Leon)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 04:21:35 pm »
Anyone? I've realised rather stupidly I can just swap out the mainshaft any how. Also UK based as well btw as this place seems to be american based.

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk

Reply #2December 14, 2017, 09:54:37 pm

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

Re: Asv conversion (seat Leon)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 09:54:37 pm »
You cannot install one of the TDI pump main shafts into one of the IDI pump bodies for a couple reasons.  One is that the diameter of the pump shaft is larger on the TDI pumps.  The other is that the TDI shaft cannot run the mechanical governor. 

Get a Land Rover 300TDI mechanical pump it is 99% bolt-on and does not require any internal pump mods.

S-PAutomotive.com