Engine Specific Info and Questions > Diesel Swaps

Some issues!

(1/2) > >>

sargheirobert1:
Hi guys! I bought a couple of months ago a t3 caravelle. The guy that sold it told me it has a 1.6 td jx, but my mechanic tells me it is a 1.9 tdi 1z . I will upload some pics to tell me your opinion. It also has a problem. Somewere along the way someone had the turbo pipes changed and did a sketchy job. Now its leaking oil and most likely boost. Does anyone know the specific names/codes for those tubes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

libbydiesel:
That's a 1Z, AHU, or AFN 1.9 TDI.  That part is a score.  It's hard to tell what mechanical pump was fitted to run it, though.  It does not appear to have any boost enrichment unfortunately.  The charge pipes were change because it has an intercooler whereas the JX never came with one.  The intercooler job looks poorly done though.  You would need custom pipes to keep the intercooler although I would recommend doing a better install in a manner than can actually get some airflow. 

ORCoaster:
With the way that engine lays over like that you should be able to raise the rear on ramps and slide you head under it.  There should be some big numbers on the block that would say 1.6 D or 1.9 D I would venture a guess. 

libbydiesel:
Given that it has a TDI head odds are 99.99999999% that it is a 1.9 block. 

sargheirobert1:
I will lift it today and take a look after a code, also i found some custom blue pipes for turbos, hopefully those are good enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version