S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Need Head Porting Recommendations in MD for TDI ALH  (Read 3271 times)

August 17, 2017, 07:58:28 am

beichMTDI

• From Prey to Predator
Need Head Porting Recommendations in MD for TDI ALH
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:58:28 am »
Quick question for our east coast folks.

I'm looking to port and polish my 1.9 TDI ALH head while I have it off the engine. Have done a lot of reading about it and have decided that I don't want to risk doing it myself with the coolant passages being so close on these things. Also don't want to mess up that dog gone swirl in the intake.

Does anyone in the Maryland area know a shop that has done TDI heads before?? Would like some place that knows what they are doing and would rather not have to ship my head off to somewhere if I don't have to. While I'm at it, if anyone here knows of a place in the Maryland area that does ceramic coating (for pistons) too that would be awesome.

Let me know if there is better place on this forum to put this question. I'm pretty new to this place  :-\ Appreciate the input! Thanks in advance!

-Brad

Edit: If anyone on the forum has gotten their TDI head ported from any professional whether in MD or not, I'd be happy to hear their recommendation and experience!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:42:12 pm by beichMTDI »

1982 Mk1 4 door 1.6 IDI 4 speed, all stock, daily driver.

1981 Mk1 2 door project car soon to be MTDI (ALH)
Build Blog: https://beichmtdi.wordpress.com/

S-PAutomotive.com