S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Suzuki with VW 1.6 TD Swap Noob Question  (Read 366 times)

August 13, 2017, 01:56:48 pm

soma56

• View Profile
Suzuki with VW 1.6 TD Swap Noob Question
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:56:48 pm »
Hello VWDiesel community. I have a 1996 Suzuki Sidekick that has been swapped with a VW 1.6TD. I didnít do the conversion. Iím going to confirm this week if the engine block has been cracked as itís overheating like a madman without meds as has lots of white smoke. This was after a fresh gasket and professionally filed down cylinder head. The question I have is if the Ďnewí engine is timed prior to removing the existing engine are there any concerns with respect to connecting it to the transmission or can I just Ďbolt it oní? Iíve pretty much done everything except separate/swap an engine/transmission Ė are there any precautions I should be aware of before taking on this task?

Finally, if youíre inclined in entertaining me, if I were to get a 1.9 TD instead of a 1.6 engine would I need to consider anything else or should it bolt on to the transmission just like the 1.6 already does? From what I can see on the Acme adapters website the adapter plate (A572 3/8") is the same for both the 1.6 and 1.9.

Iím out of wheels right now until I get this done. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:00:40 pm by soma56 »

NOLA Speed and Style