Author Topic: 91 EcoDiesel FS - Amherst, OH  (Read 1467 times)

July 25, 2017, 09:47:15 pm

dantheman6012

91 EcoDiesel FS - Amherst, OH
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:47:15 pm »
First post. I've been lurking these forums for a long time and have gotten tons of good info over the years.

My 91 EcoD is up for sale. PM me if you're interested. Asking $3000.

I'm the second owner of this car. I purchased it in 2008 with 108,565 miles on it. This car hasn't been driven in the winter since 2009. The car passed it's last echeck inspection in 2016 and is no longer required to get them. I see 45-52 mpg regularly. Compression is great, and the car starts with or without the glow plugs. I just gave it a fresh oil change, and it's ready to drive home.

This car has a manual transmission, manual crank sunroof, manual windows, and manual locks. I swapped in black leather heated MK3 seats in the front (no longer have original seats), but never hooked up the seat heaters (MK3 wiring harness and switch included). The original grill and headlights were replaced with a euro style four round H3 setup. It also comes with an old school Blaupunkt amp and newer Blaupunkt bluetooth/USB head unit.

Also included are the original steelies (no tires on them) and a set of MK1/2 GTI snowflakes with Yokohama S. Drives (95% tread left). Snowflakes (pictured) have been repainted and are in good condition. Also coming with the car: new heater core, extra Bosch oil filter, extra 3L of CHF 11S power steering fluid, extra 6L of Hepu coolant, 2 cans of Lubro Moly Diesel Purge, the original radiator support/headlights, a second bumper, spare headlight/turn signal bulbs, and a number of other miscellaneous new and old parts that go with the car. All parts are OEM or high quality German OEM equivalent.

1991 Volkswagen Jetta GL
Body Style: 4 Door
Engine Size: 1.6L 4 Cylinder Turbodiesel (EcoDiesel)

Maintenance History:
110,000 - replaced timing belt and glow plugs
130,000 - replaced exhaust, Magnaflow muffler, and Magnaflow high flow cat
141,506  - replaced timing belt, timing belt tensioner pulley, water pump, power steering pump, power steering hoses, power steering reservoir, rack and pinion, new rear brake shoes
150,000 - new Bosch alternator, new Bosch A/C compressor, replaced a/c belt, alternator belt, power steering belt
Oil Changes every 5k-8k miles with nothing but Rotella T 5w40 and Total 5W30 (winter)
160,000 - new shift Techtonics Tuning shift bushings, adjusted e-brake, new front rotors and pads, replaced outer tie rods, replaced passenger drive axle, new tires, alignment

There is some surface rust on the car, particularly on the door sills and near the fuel filler cap. The front plastic wheel wells, front mudflaps, and rocker panels have come off the car. I still have them with the exception of one of the mudflaps/wheel wells, but they are not in great shape. The front bumper is also not in great shape, but is 100% functional. There are a few small dents and scratches, and a decent sized dent on the passenger side fender (pictured).

Reply #1July 31, 2017, 08:01:52 pm

dantheman6012

Re: 91 EcoDiesel FS - Amherst, OH
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 08:01:52 pm »
Bump.

It's now up on Craigslist if anyone is interested. I can't post hyperlinks yet, but you can just search the Cleveland area for it. It's the white one with the quad round headlights and sunroof.