S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 2285 times)

April 29, 2017, 01:21:47 am

dhridenh

Hello all
« on: April 29, 2017, 01:21:47 am »
hello everyone just wanted to introduce my self i am Drew i live in NH usa and i have a 01 alh tdi
i do have questions and i do have some fixes for problems that i have run in to.
now i do want to start by asking who has run vnt 17 turbos on there alh and where did u get the turbo
also i am looking in to tuning as well and if through tuning can u delete the egr. here in NH we have plug in inspection along with safety lucky it not a smog test but it is a cel   

Reply #1April 29, 2017, 04:11:34 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 04:11:34 pm »
There are tunes that will keep the CEL off while disabling EGR. You'll need to check what your specific state testing actually does though; many tunes won't show a CEL but also won't pass a "readiness" check if they actually plug a computer in. Talk to the tuning company - really Rocketchip, Malone and KermaTDI are your best options.

While I'm not a huge fan of Kerma's business practices they do have a unique offer where they will redo your tune for new upgrades you buy from them in the future if you get everything from them. They have a number of different turbos.

IDParts is a great supplier for parts, both general maintenance and upgrade parts. They'll have the turbo too.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

S-PAutomotive.com