S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: need a diagram of injectors  (Read 2655 times)

March 15, 2017, 06:44:57 pm

air-cooled or diesel

need a diagram of injectors
« on: March 15, 2017, 06:44:57 pm »
so ive looked around,(well some,,) and i cannt find a diagram of injectors. i found a 'supposed' pic at tdi club, but it looks like its inaccurate. i had cleaned out my nozzles, to no luck, so i have 2 choices, just get new nozzles; and take a chance and put them in,,and assume. maybe find someone to pop test. another is ship injectors off to either (a) bosch or an independent shop to have them re-done.
so when i cleaned out nozzles, and couldnt find any service info in shop manual, 2 of the injectors i took out the 'upper' part of innards. and cannt find an accurate diagram to make sure i have back together correctly, so if-i-recall,,had the injector body, insert smaller spring, with retainer, then i put in pin, then small spacer (with a hole in it,for pin), then big spacer, that sits on smaller spacer, and injector inner lip/body, then bigger spring with retainer, then pinned 'cap', with what im described as a bushing, sits on/around pin, then nozzle and 'lower' part of body goes together, cleaned of course, oh yea the pin, or plunger goes in. torqured to 33. so i wasnt sure as in one of the injectors, when i reassembled upper end, the pin sat differently, it was just about even with the pined cap/ along with bushing insert. the other injector the 'bushing' was sitting a little high, and didnt go all the way in pinned cap, but seemed to be blocked/sit on the big spring retainer, that pin was sitting higher, and looked better. like there was some tension (on next level, nozzle, pin/plunger assy).  as i said i took apart 2 of the upper assys, and there i found no reason to need to clean that end. hey i keep a good filter in there, and run lube, and run a can of flush(LM or SF) from time to time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:46:36 pm by air-cooled or diesel »

Reply #1March 15, 2017, 10:42:07 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: need a diagram of injectors
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:07 pm »
Not in your Bentley?   Try a local Library and see if you can come up with a diagram from one of theirs. 

Reply #2March 16, 2017, 01:16:47 pm

air-cooled or diesel

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:16:47 pm »
its the red bentley for models upto 98, & early 99. it covers AHU, and AAZ as well, although aaz doesnt apply(for me), it doesnt cover 1z or passat. in the TDI section there are several procedures for injectors. the last being a pressure test, book states if injector(s) fail test there are no repair procedures, and hence no pics on injectors. as what i was doing was cleaning out. didnt work, none the less the bentley has no procedures for this, as its fairly basic. so i looked on tdiclub, found some good info for what i was doing, yet on further research i was able to find a diagram or two, yet didnt seem accurate. i wanted to make sure i put them back together correct. and how the pins and bushings sit, as there was some variance, of course some is normally allowable, and other than some visual, a specialized shop is necessary to make sure the rest is working correctly.
may need new nozzles.

Reply #3March 16, 2017, 02:10:34 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 02:10:34 pm »
Gotcha.   Sorry all my knowledge is around the MK1 old style injectors.  No U Tube stuff out there?  Surely someone has that for you.

Reply #4March 21, 2017, 10:28:27 am

air-cooled or diesel

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 10:28:27 am »
seems i had the small spacer in the wrong place, oops, didnt run it that long, have to look into it. still looking for an accurate diagram.

Fixmyvw.com