Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

Holset swap info and flange adapter

<< < (2/4) > >>

TylerDurden:
54mm is the center to center distance. I just divided in half.

I'll measure the whole thing and post the values to compare.

TylerDurden:
This is the flange on the exhaust manifold I have handy.

RunninWild:
I had a turbo gasket show up in the mail today so I will just use that. But your measurement is the same as I got. 2 1/8" bolt center to center

4x4_Welder:
Good info, thanks.  I may explore a more ideally suited turbo for mine rather than just slapping on what I have.

Jo3kr:
The compressor outlet and inlets you can get a silicone hose on no problem; however my turbo took a 3" silicone hose on the inlet. And the outlet I used the factory original 1.6TD silicone hose. All I did was use a hose clamp on the ring of the vband. Takes a few tries to get it to hold real well.

I got mine tuning in pretty well and here's a quick comparison from the old Garrett T4 to the Holset.

Garrett T4 EGTs WOT would peg it at 1600 easy (no intercooler factory) 10-13 psi boost.

Holset He221w EGTs WOT I have yet to exceed 1050F at 17 psi.

My fuel screw is the same it was when I had the Garrett on and it smoked like a train at WOT however the Holset uses every little bit it can get; right now I'm turning it in little by little I went from 10psi to 15psi with just a quarter turn.

The biggest problem I ran into is the downpipe; nearly impossible to find the correct vband for the flange your better off sliding a 3" vband over the original and welding it like I did. I have plenty of pics upon request.

And my oilfeed is simply 4an and the return is a homemade flange with a pipe welded onto it coming out about 3-4 inches with SS braided line to the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version