Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: mTDI engine setup, rblt turbo, LR pump, Vanagon  (Read 3433 times)

January 21, 2017, 12:05:26 pm

Green Syncro

mTDI engine setup, rblt turbo, LR pump, Vanagon
« on: January 21, 2017, 12:05:26 pm »
I have been assembling these parts to install a 2002 Volkswagen ALH TDI diesel engine into a Vanagon. For a simple install with none of the tedious TDI electronics, I gathered the parts necessary to run this amazing motor with a mechanical injection pump.

Here's what I have:
2002 VW TDI motor from a Jetta with rebuilt head
Rebuilt K14 turbo with proper AAZ exhaust manifold
Land Rover 300tdi injection pump with 11mm head from a 2.5 liter Rover. I imported it from England. Comes with factory Bosch seal kit.
The proper lock tools for setting up timing belt
120amp TDI Alternator
TDI PS pump
Harmonic Balancer/pully
I'm selling all of the above for $1250 This is a great starter setup for toyota, hi lux or Samurai conversion.

For Vanagon or Syncro guys, I also have a rare Mexican bellhousing to mount this engine to a Vanagon transmission, complete with Bell, 228mm Flywheel and the all-important input shaft. Mounts engine at factory 15 degree mounting angle. I also built an adapter to mount a TDI starter on the bellhousing. Price for bellhousing and starter adapter: $750

This is a project and of course there are a number of things to sort out like installing oil lines for the turbo, it could use a new timing belt kit, and the injection pump needs to be set up for this motor. But the injection pump is pretty much bolt-on, no modifications needed beyond re-clocking the pully hub for the ALH firing order. I can send photos of the injection pump fitted on the engine just for mock-up, I've also got the flywheel on there to aid in locating TDC. Call or email for details, I can fill you in or answer specific questions. I've got too many projects, have to clear out my garage! Can assist with shipping (strap it to a pallet) with buyer paying actual shipping.

Joel 719 TWO 13 76 zero 4 (colorado)

Reply #1February 01, 2017, 01:08:52 am

Green Syncro

Re: mTDI engine setup, rblt turbo, LR pump, Vanagon
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 01:08:52 am »
All parts sold except for bellhousing, input shaft and flywheel to convert bus/vanagon transmission to I4 VW motor.  Thanks!

S-PAutomotive.com