Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: lowering idle on coldstart mechanism lever at pump top  (Read 1823 times)

December 25, 2016, 01:01:59 pm

carrizog60

• Veteran

lowering idle on coldstart mechanism lever at pump top
« on: December 25, 2016, 01:01:59 pm »
as stated:

last time i screwed the fuel screw all the way in the idle would stay a bit high and wont come down even by clocking the throttle linkage.
now,looking at the swing thing at the pump top i can see that when pulling the cable one screw(the one at the pulley side) limits the idle rise and if i go to the other side(pump head) idle will go down.
problem is that the lever wont go more to the low side,only way to do that is by adjusting the screw to make it go there but by that way we loose high idle when pulling the cold start cable.

cant we modify the system?putting a shorter spring on the vertical rod so that it would go up more?or a external spring to pull it to that side?

any more tricks to make it deliver more fuel before swapping plungers?

happy xmas

vw golf gti G60--vw passat 1.9td gt2052v
yamaha vmax 1200- yamaha tdm 850
Portugal

Reply #1December 26, 2016, 03:00:52 pm

RunninWild

• Veteran

Re: lowering idle on coldstart mechanism lever at pump top
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 03:00:52 pm »
From my understanding you are trying to get more fuel and fighting idle speed for cold and warm adjustment. You want to loosen the little bolt that holds the 2 pieces of the swing mechanism and shift it over so it will lower idle speed a bit more. I think you are forgetting the fact the fuel screw is going to speed up the idle and will compensate for the less throw on the high idle speed position. I've been wanting to adjust that as well so I can up my fuel a bit more. I think you'll just need to play with the adjustment. I wouldn't mess with springs until I've done the easy and free adjustments first...

Reply #2December 26, 2016, 04:44:57 pm

carrizog60

• Veteran

Re: lowering idle on coldstart mechanism lever at pump top
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 04:44:57 pm »
i think i have done the easy adjustments and still need more fuel and lower idle...
right now i barely smoke and if any is only at low rpm if flowered,the 2052 turbo seems to eat all the fuel.
clocking the accelerator lever is pointless,no more drop in idle happens.

could install a 11mm plunger i have but would need to know how to find the correct shim thickness and affraid that the engine would be too loud and fuel  will suffer on normal use...
vw golf gti G60--vw passat 1.9td gt2052v
yamaha vmax 1200- yamaha tdm 850
Portugal

Fixmyvw.com