S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: timing belt wont center  (Read 7423 times)

Reply #15December 15, 2016, 05:11:30 pm

carrizog60

• Veteran

Re: timing belt wont center
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 05:11:30 pm »
really?
cool it down guys,and thanks for all the help
vw golf gti G60--vw passat 1.9td gt2052v
yamaha vmax 1200- yamaha tdm 850
Portugal

Reply #16December 17, 2016, 08:17:51 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 08:17:51 pm »
I have been off line for about a week and when I read all of this I have to shake my head and wonder.  What form of conversation is this?

I thought a question was answered in a reasonable manner and suddenly there is bitterness in the following post.  How and where is that coming from.

Air-cooled, I have to say that I read a lot of different places and work with folks that do not have English as their first language.  Yet when I try to read your questions and posts I struggle.  So it isn't easy to track what it is you are saying. 

I had to laugh at the back and forth here.  Especially the question on the disability.  I honestly thought Libby was thinking that if you had a physical limitation to working in the engine compartment that might explain why a helper was needed.  I can relate there as I ran my left hand through a table saw about this time last year.  Thankfully I didn't loose any digits but even now I struggle with putting nuts on bolts.  I have no or little feeling in the forefinger and thumb. 

I am with Libby on putting a belt on and getting it centered.  Never needed anyone to assist me.  Is your engine that hard to turn over when in neutral?  I find that amazing. 

I did a new set of crank journals a bit back and found when I pinched the rod caps down to spec I had a binding going on.  I couldn't turn the engine over.  My conclusion was that I have to find the pinching and it turned out to be a rise in one of the caps that i didn't see.  Changed the clearance enough to make it tight.

So I can't see why you are getting offended here.  But you are.  We are about technical advice here and when someone tosses out poor advice or their methods are off from what most of us have experienced for decades we step up and say so.  But don't take it personally.  Explain it to us so we might understand.  Insults don't fix cars.

Reply #17December 18, 2016, 12:44:36 am

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 12:44:36 am »
I had to laugh at the back and forth here.  Especially the question on the disability.  I honestly thought Libby was thinking that if you had a physical limitation to working in the engine compartment that might explain why a helper was needed.

That was exactly my line of thinking and the reason for the question.

Reply #18December 18, 2016, 03:01:38 pm

RunninWild

• Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 03:01:38 pm »
Lol this is epic.
Merry Christmas guys ;)

Reply #19December 19, 2016, 04:41:59 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 04:41:59 pm »
Locking this thread; there hasn't been useful technical content in the past several posts. Also my head hurts from trying to read any of that.
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen