Engine Specific Info and Questions > TDI - Pumpe Duese TDI Engines

Bora tdi damaged timing belt.

<< < (2/6) > >>

libbydiesel:
Seriously, if the timing belt broke, you need to pull the head and replace any valves that touched the pistons.  If the garage says otherwise, you should not have them work on your car. 

libbydiesel:
Also, while it may seem like 'luck' it is not.  If you buy a VW diesel car you really should not drive it until you KNOW the timing belt has been changed.  You either park it and do the timing belt or drive the one trip to the mechanic to have the timing belt done.  If you drive it anywhere else and it breaks, that's just your own fault, not luck.

air-cooled or diesel:
shady deal. sale. while ultimately its you responsibility for esp a timing belt; at sale it would have been very neighborly and proper for salesman to let you know of needs of car your purchasing. better for many is to install a new timing belt. assy before sale. even better is to keep up on maintenance schedule and belt and other work being kept up on, and not a belt failing for how long before he decided to unload a rather simple fix on to you, not fixed. no taking it back now. i mean theres small claims court, but it wont get you back original motor. maybe theres other work that needs attention. 

stuartthompson:
Bought car cheap off a young lad. Full service has had 3 belts in past. Should have had a new one on last but a know the garage it's been to and it wouldn't be me taking it there. A normally always cheats belt firstly this is the first time I have not and hey ho I end up here. My fault indeed. I can get a complete head off a good source with everything in good working order for £80. Then the price of head gasket kit and me mate will do work for £100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuartthompson:
Thanks also for feedback. Last site I was on was a load of rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version