Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: AAZ crank big end ready sleeve PN?  (Read 2209 times)

October 31, 2016, 04:35:58 pm

wolf_walker

• Veteran

AAZ crank big end ready sleeve PN?
« on: October 31, 2016, 04:35:58 pm »
Anyone have a PN handy for a ready sleeve or the like for the trans end of the crank on a 1.6, or I assume 1.9 or several other VW lumps of that era.
I've got an AAZ I don't want to have to go into a 3rd time with a bit o groove on it.

Yes I'm being lazy but I figured one of you learn-ed gents would have such handy.

Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become ignorant.
Mentat Text Two

Reply #1November 01, 2016, 09:08:05 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
Re: AAZ crank big end ready sleeve PN?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:08:05 am »
what?
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #2November 01, 2016, 09:03:54 pm

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:03:54 pm »
I don't know if I'd be considered one of the 'learned gents' but I'm definitely too lazy to look it up for you.  As the saying goes, "It would be easier for me if you'd do it and I don't care if it gets done."  Rock Auto has the Timken.

Reply #3November 01, 2016, 11:54:10 pm

wolf_walker

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 11:54:10 pm »
Trouble is I find different sizes/PN's depending on where I look.  It smells funny, and I do PN's and car parts for a living.

I think I'm going to go with the SKF listed for a passat with an AAZ from http://www.skfpartsinfo.com
I believe it's the same as an ABA or any older 8v gasser too but not positive, lot of funky conflicting application data.

When I'm sure it works I'll post the PN's here for next dude.

Thanks for nothin lol....   ;D

Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become ignorant.
Mentat Text Two

Reply #4November 02, 2016, 02:29:55 am

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 02:29:55 am »
It wasn't exactly nothing...  RockAuto was the pertinent information... the rest was impertinent.  RockAuto lists two sizes.  The small one is for the pulley end and the larger one is for the flywheel end.  The small one also fits the intermediate shaft and cam.  The larger one is deeper than the seal surface on the flywheel end of the crank and needs to be trimmed after installation. 

Reply #5November 02, 2016, 03:20:07 pm

wolf_walker

• Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »
Negative, they list several different manufacturers, and if you backtrack the manufacturers part numbers you see them listing different sizes for each of those supposedly compatible part numbers.
Further, if you look up differeng models that I'm 99% sure have the same rear crank, you start to see differing PN's listed depending on where you look.  I also see evidence of several rear main seals being
"close enough" PN's from other vehicles which isn't uncommon with seals in bearings that are semi-generic.  Redblock Volvo's have a thing with this on the one of the engine seals, can't remember which, the generic one's from National and what have you are juuuust a hair big since they happen to be from some GM motor.  Cost cutting only stocking one sku for the vendor and manufacturer, buyer beware.

I wasn't kidding when I said I do this for a living.  Such that I can't take a non-specialized catalog at face value.
I saw enough variation in a couple places to make me give it the evil eye, hence my asking you folks.
No biggie though, I'll post back the SKF PN's if they work out so someone has something concrete to go with next time.
Mentat Text Two

Reply #6November 03, 2016, 02:04:50 am

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 02:04:50 am »
You've got "impressive skills" for someone who does it for a living.  As I said... RockAuto lists two sizes and ONLY two sizes for ALL of the 1.6 and 1.9 engines up to the AHU/1Z.  The sizes are 128 and 333.  They do list two manufacturers, Timken and National (both are decent quality), but the sizes listed (and even the part numbers) are the same for the two brands offered.  Take a guess which size goes where.  I've used both the timken and national brands that rockauto sells several times and they are the correct sizes.  I've also gotten the timken from KSCDirect.  I've even posted the part numbers on this site in the past.

http://vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php/topic,34238.msg323504.html#msg323504

To sum up, you can't be bothered to help yourself to the info by doing a search and you confess to being too lazy to measure and figure it out on your own... instead make a plea for help and then snide comments ('thanks for nothing') and argue about it when you're spoon-fed the info you asked for.  Why bother asking in the first place?  It seems you can't be helped and you're just intentionally wasting the time of anyone who might attempt to help.  If you don't want to trust the answer then get off your keyboard, actually measure the crank, and order whatever you want from where ever you want.  Good luck with it.  I will certainly never waste my time attempting to offer you any assistance ever again.

Reply #7November 03, 2016, 02:07:45 am

wolf_walker

• Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 02:07:45 am »
For ***s sake dude, relax. I'm sorry for whatever *** in your cereal this morning. I thought we were a friendly group here, not the mk4 section of vortex. Damn...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mentat Text Two

Reply #8November 03, 2016, 11:06:00 am

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 11:06:00 am »
Ok, moving on to curses and personal advice.  Classy.  I personally don't have a use for the cursing but whatever floats your boat, dude.  Relaxing is very good advice.  Being friendly is also good advice when someone is worthy of it.  You might consider both relaxing and behaving in a friendly manner as good advice for yourself even.  You might also consider being gracious and showing a modicum of appreciation rather than snide entitlement and belligerence when petitioning others for free advice.   ;)

S-PAutomotive.com