Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: TDI into Rabbit and Mk2  (Read 3522 times)

October 06, 2016, 07:24:32 am

Toby

• Veteran

TDI into Rabbit and Mk2
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:24:32 am »
What does it take to bolt an ALH into a Rabbit. What do they do about motor mounts? How about into a Mk2 Golf. I had this 5 speed conversion fall into my lap and I have a couple of ALHs floating around here and am trying to decide what I what to do with them. I am also long on Rabbits and and pickups. IO also have a couple of td IPs as well, so an mTDI may be in my future.

When I went to hook up the exhaust on my Low Buck GTD ('86) after desliming and resealing the pump, I noticed that the toilet bowl on the gas exhaust was about an inch forward of where it needed to be to seat on the cast iron down pipe. Is this normal? I expected that the toilet bowl would be in the same spot for gas and AAZ.

Reply #1October 06, 2016, 11:53:01 pm

Dakotakid

• Veteran

Re: TDI into Rabbit and Mk2
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:53:01 pm »
First paragraph.....can not help.
2nd paragraph: toilet location does change. I hate when that happens as I end up going on the floor.
The mask and the shot(s) are actually an IQ test. If you are wearing or circulating, you just failed the test. I can't feel sorry for you.

Reply #2November 08, 2016, 04:05:27 pm

smutts

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    ClackClackClackClackClack
Re: TDI into Rabbit and Mk2
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:05:27 pm »
Previous driver reversed and ran the exhaust against a big rock? That can bend the downpipe so that the bog bowl isn't where it was?

Also have a grenaded Mk2 GTD, so will be watching!

Fixmyvw.com