General Information > User's ride Wall

96 Jetta Aaz

(1/4) > >>

RunninWild:
Well I finally got a vw! I found a 96 jetta with an aaz with only 60,000km!

Car has a salvage title as it was in a rear end collision (has been repaired) and was purchased not running. Judging by the carfax it looks like it has been sitting since 2012. From what I can tell it just needs an inspection to be able to be registered on the road again.

Finally had a bit of time to work on it last night. I installed some clear lines, a new battery and primed the pump and it fired right up, and runs great! Click on the pic for a video of it after first startup.

A quick rip around the block felt like it was a bit underpowered and the brakes were very bad. I'm thinking the power is due to the 4 year old fuel, and the brakes were slowly getting better the more I used them.

With a bit of work and a good cleaning this is going to be a great car again. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to flip it once I get it back on its feet, or most likely just use it as a commuter and have it as a spare engine for my samurai. If I do keep it I may just swap my giles pump and k24 from the truck onto it as I think I was aiming for a lot more power then necessary for that vehicle.

Issues I've noticed so far:
Ebrake handle only clicks when you hold it to the right and will let go if you hit it
The seal for the drivers tailight in the trunk is missing
The shifter plastic cover is missing
Multifunction switch won't lock the highbeams on
Passenger side headlight lense needs to be resealed
Passenger door lock cylinder is missing
Suspension is a bit spongy, is this normal for jettas?

Dennis Froelich:
Looks pretty good sir!! Love those cars. Suspension shouldn't feel spongy.

Had a 94 AAZ Jetta. Loved the car, hated the major rot it had.

vanbcguy:
60,000 or 360,000? You know the odometer resets at 300,000 on these, right?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

RunninWild:
No I was not aware of that... Lol now I'm worried... All of the rubber and lots of little details on the car still look brand new though. I still think it might be 60k. There isn't even any evidence of any oil leaks or anything under the hood that would suggest it is high mileage. Oh well At least it runs well.

I did a carfax and icbc history report but neither of them provided any mileage numbers. Any idea where else I could check to verify? The only good thing about aircare was finding mileage reports for free. Too bad icbc doesn't provide that information.

RabbitJockey:
id believe that this car has 60k on it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version