Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

Urms mTDI build

(1/10) > >>

urmas:
Parts are slowly piling up, no time to put them on though.

Got also correct manifolds as I am using 1.6td manifolds at this moment. To make matters worse the 1.6 exhaust manifold has both outside runners cooked to a half of the original diameter with oil residue, that probably is one of the reasons current performance is so low. These will go on the engine before the LR pump.

urmas:
Much needed seat upgrade:

urmas:
Currently in the process of swapping manifolds.

After a days work new manifolds are on, just need to connect downpipe and intake plumbing.

Manifolds look nice once you give them a lil cleaning:

Pic of the dark side of the moon (i dont have a lift)

urmas:
Manifold swap is finished, and theres a slight power increase in mid rpms, aswell as turbo spools a litle faster, which is good, but top end stays the same, as is boost pressure (i have to get quite high in rpms to see 6 psi).

Im fearing that im loosing boost pressure somewhere and the most obvious place for an old k24 would be the wastegate.

Still, if a leak would be the case, wouldnt there be lots of smoke?

libbydiesel:
The K24 wastegate can stick open or the wastegate valve seat very commonly gets quite corroded.  You can return it to full function by removing it and using valve lapping paste to hand lap the wastegate valve into the seat.  Removing the wastegate can be a real pain.  I use a bit and a 6pt box wrench.  Heat helps.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version