Author Topic: franken mTDI pump HELP!  (Read 9890 times)

Reply #15December 28, 2016, 01:15:01 pm

foxfour

Re: franken mTDI pump HELP!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 01:15:01 pm »
This is my first post on this forum.  Perhaps the question(s) I have have already been answered somewhere, but I'm not conversant enough with this site to find them.  So, here's some background: 

I have a 1z engine complete with most, if not all, peripherals to install in my 1986 vw westy with the 2.1 wbx engine.  The 1z has the factory electronic Bosch injection pump and I've looked into going the mtdi route with either a 4bt, a Land Rover 300tdi, or something mechanical tdi pump built from a combo by a reputable vendor, such as Giles.  The problem with this though is the initial cost of the pump which I'd like to delay until I see if my 1z engine actually runs as it is. 

I've read on either this or the tdi.net forum about the electronic wiring harness minimized, but for the life of me can't find the photo and thread for this harness.  I think it is for a passat/toyota truck installation so perhaps that wouldn't do me much good with my vw westy, but I don't know.  For now, what I would like to have is a minimum harness that effectively makes the electronic ip function similar to the mechanical one - sort of reverse retrograde engineering, but I don't know how to do this myself. 

How can I apply the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method to the etdi harness, or is there a vendor or talented person who can do this for me?  Much appreciated.  Joe

Reply #16December 30, 2016, 03:20:47 am

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 03:20:47 am »
There's a vendor I've seen on TDIclub selling a minimal custom harness that'd probably be right up your alley. I don't have a link happy but I know it exists.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Reply #17April 24, 2017, 01:46:15 am

anhtran

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 01:46:15 am »
 I believe the pump is off a 1.6. I should have wrote down the number off the pump and checked it to be exact.

Fixmyvw.com