S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: 1.6 NA Diesel Wiring Harness?  (Read 2754 times)

May 07, 2015, 11:45:24 am

dlauth

1.6 NA Diesel Wiring Harness?
« on: May 07, 2015, 11:45:24 am »
I am looking at a potential car that I want to buy. This car is a mk1 Rabbit originally with the gas engine, but now comes with a 1.6 NA diesel.

The guy said he doesnt have the wiring harness or fuse block for this setup.

What I am wondering is how big of a deal this is and where can I source one besides local junkyards.

From what the other party has told me, all it is missing are the door panels, carpet, wiring harness and fuse block.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:47:58 am by dlauth »

Reply #1July 06, 2015, 11:10:05 am

Bugsy_malone 666

• Junior

Re: 1.6 NA Diesel Wiring Harness?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:10:05 am »
How willing are you to do the work?

1.6NA engine needs a switched live feed to operate the fuel solenoid. Thats it!

Of course there is temperature sender (should be the same) maybe oil if you got it and the gti rev counter wont work. Theres also glow plugs, but thats something you can add in the engine bay. You'd need the glow plug relay which is a timed relay, some wire, a light for the dash and thats about it. The relay has 2 large terminals, in from a 50amp fused supply, out to the glow plugs its got 4 other connections ( I think from memory) T - which is a temperature switch on the end of the head, L - for the lamp on the dash, a ground and 50 - this is the connection on the starter from the ignition that makes it start.

I'm sure thats pretty much it.

Its far easier putting a diesel in a gas car of this age as no complicated electronics and mostly about 6 wires.

Reply #2July 06, 2015, 01:40:11 pm

dlauth

Re: 1.6 NA Diesel Wiring Harness?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 01:40:11 pm »
After I finish the body work, Im going to try and source wiring for the whole car. This will give a better chance of the wiring working and would be easier on me.