Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Engine monitoring systems  (Read 1742 times)

April 28, 2015, 10:03:16 am

RunninWild

• Veteran

Engine monitoring systems
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:03:16 am »
I've been trying to figure out what gauges I've wanted to run for a while now. With limited space for multiple gauges, design choices and cost being a fairly large factor It's been difficult to say the least. Last night I stumbled upon something that could be the answer to all my questions.

Has anyone herd, seen or know anything about the madman EMS 1 or 2 gauges?

They are basically a multi function display computer that uses standard sensors of pre-obd vehicles.
What caught my eye is the ability to not only monitor but to set high and low visual and audio alarms for EGT, Coolant/oil temp, Coolant level and a Pressure (oil, boost,air,etc). It is also able to be calibrated to use any sensor, and stores maximum/minimum vales which can be downloaded into a pc to be viewed later. Another cool feature is it has a programmable Relay Out pin which could be used to cycle on or off your cooling fans or maybe even the glow plugs. They are also fairly cheap costing under $150

So whats the catch? They are made and sold in South Africa and from what I've found online they are out of stock most of the time and can be hard to come by. I dont work or have any connections with the madman company I just thought I'd share.

http://www.madman.co.za/index.php/kits-menu/product/ems2-engine-monitor

Anyone know of any similar products that may be easier to get stock of?

Reply #1April 28, 2015, 04:28:01 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Engine monitoring systems
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 04:28:01 pm »
Haven't seen anything quite like that. I like the idea...

The Auber Instruments digital gauges I'm using have similar functionality but you can only monitor one sensor per gauge. They are quite small though and under $50 each.
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen