S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: FS: Audi 4000S Quattro - New England - MA $3000  (Read 2153 times)

April 07, 2015, 11:22:03 am

secondgen

• User+

FS: Audi 4000S Quattro - New England - MA $3000
« on: April 07, 2015, 11:22:03 am »
I really, really hate to do this, but priorities (read: house) call. I'm reluctantly putting my beloved 4kq up for sale.

I'm the second owner. Brought up to MA from the PA-WV border in 2009. It's been daily'd, stored, then driven as my winter car for a few years. It's been a great car to me.

I have an entire folder/book full of every receipt, and all the work I've done to it since taking ownership. I can photo, scan, email any or all of it to interested serious buyers. It had a bad transmission when I bought it, which was replaced with a newer/low mile one. (98k on trans when installed.) The odometer died July fourth 2012 on my way home from work @136K, it's probably got 5k on that since it died.

Pros:

Bilstein Sports w/ H&R's, 034 track density mounts
Entire suspension was revamped when I bought it.
T-belt/wp/tune in my ownership
2.5" Stainless Magnaflow/Borla V-band exhaust
034 Short shifter
034 silicone breather ISV hoses
Euro H4 E-codes, relayed
Lots of maintenance/updating of many of the critical systems, all detailed in my records.
2 Sets of stock wheels, one with used Hankook Ipike winters and one powder coated black set with good Dunlop summer tires.

Not so Pros:

Clearcoat is coming off on roof, hood and trunk (see pictures)
LR door handle is (yet again) broken I will probably replace
Two rust holes on leading edge of hood (see pictures)
Differentials stopped working last year, the front actuator was new when I started driving it in 2010
Left rear windows in-op, never looked into it, only ever used the fronts
The usual front reflectors are broken and missing
Minor rust, nothing condemnable.

It's located in Western Mass, it's currently registered and inspected and I do drive it every couple days.

I'm asking $3000 OBRO I think that is probably reasonable considering the documentation. Who knows.

Lightbar currently not installed, but i still have it should any one want it. Summer wheels.

Winter wheels I do have the center caps, they just weren't on here.

The middle muffler (magnaflow) is newer, it was too damn loud with just the borla.

Pictures taken today, sorry it's dirty.
Interior is very clean, no tears, or stains. Dash/pod is perfect. Rear seatback piping is as usual, failing. Drivers seat bolster is a little worn but not torn.

Upgraded Pioneer rear speakers

Clear coat issues

Less so on the hood and trunk

Passenger side door dings/dent the larger ones was on the car when I bought it.

Worst of the rust on the leading edge of the hood. Doesn't effect latch operation, just ugly.

The other rust on the hood, drivers side.

I have access to a lift should any potential buyer want to observe with it overhead. Best way to reach me if interested, is email @ secondgenvw at AIM dot com. I'm trying to be as forthcoming with info about it as I can, I'll gladly answer any questions.

It's coming off the road/ being unregistered soon.

'91 Jetta Coupe ABA/C-Flow V3MSnS
'92 Alpine White ECOdiesel - AAZ swap in progress
'82 Porsche 928
'98 Jetta TDI