General Information > General

What did you do to your car today?

(1/39) > >>

vanbcguy:
Doesn't seem like we have an active thread like this around here, so here goes! Post whatever little thing you got up to that doesn't warrant it's own thread.

vanbcguy:
My speedometer started randomly dropping while I was driving the other day and then completely went dead for several minutes this morning. I had to extend my wiring when I swapped to an 02A, so figured that was probably the cause. Removed everything I did previously and started from scratch, works fine now!

I had to yank my AWIC to get at that so I also dealt with a seeping fitting on the bottom of it that I've been avoiding dealing with. Hopefully no more leaks...

Finally since I think I have my oil leaks all figured out now I gave the engine bay a degreaser soak and a bath. Puuuurdy...

Now I'm off for a road trip down to Seattle. Fun fun!

ORCoaster:
Last weekend it was new ball joints and leak chasing.  One on the coolant the other oil.  Today I noticed another small wet dot under the car up under the area it was dripping from before.  But on chasing down the possible leak area I wrote it off to the little bit of moisture from the hood.  Well, I am hoping so. 

Dakotakid:
Well, I fed my car large amounts of full throttle (to keep those rings against those walls) while I drove around with Brian Williams and listened intently to his stories about his time in the war zone..........

dontdoemyourself:
Well, it was yesterday, but I checked into a scraping noise on my AAZ  in my Vanagon.. I went ahead and tried to fire it up, and it took forever.. ( think I backed my residual fuel screw out too far) then once it fired I pin pointed the noise.. I over tightened my timing belt and bent the stud it mounts to..  Weekend project #765. I may have adjusted my timing a little too far to the advanced side, .038" or ~.95mm.. I'll go back to .87-.89 when I redo it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version