Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

Is it possible to use Rover mTDI AHU & AC in Mk1 without cutting lwr support

(1/1)

SR Heer:
I am wanting to put a mTDI with Rover pump into a VW Mk1 Rabbit pickup. I see where some have cut out a spot for the AC compressor to fit while using the serpentine belt system  however if possible I want to keep AC without cutting into bottom radiator support - can I machine out the Mk1 injection pump bracket to accommodate larger Rover pump hub nose and still have enough clearance for it to clear glow plugs and all behind? - Doing away with the serpentine belt system also does away with harmonic  balancer so my next question is  can I use the Mk1 or Mk2 bracketry and pulley systems for adjusting alternator - AC compressor - and power steering? And finally if I do the serpentine belt delete for AHU  what timing belt and tensioner would I need to use? Can I use the Mk1 injection pump bracket and still use a 1.9 timing belt - maybe not because the injection pump bracket for 1.9s juts out farther than the 1.6s - maybe a smaller or larger diameter tensioner would accommodate one or the other - or it might just best forget trying to save the lower front support frame and go ahead and cut a spot out if it will be awkward or troublesome to get things to match up or work by trying to use Mk1/Mk2 systems on an AHU motor? Anyone try this or have any suggestions? Thanks

GEE-BEE:
You can use a stock 1.6 setup

it will be all v-drive thou

Iam doing a ina enginnering complete serp setup, one belt drives the a/c-alt, no p/s

Iam using a 034 liquid damper, if you need pics to notch the frame/cross member I can send

Iam thinking of making a pre welded assys for the mk1 so you just cut and drop in and weld

the aaz/ahu a/c sit lower than the stock 1.6 ( high v-belt)

I have a callaway intercooler setup also
intercooler 335.00
silicone tubing 165.00

I recommend the 16v non a/c radiator and flexalite 330 fan
only 3' deep
I have the hoses for perfect fitment
425.00 complete kit
fan-rad-two hoses

GB
[email protected]

P.S. NEW ROVER 200 PUMPS FOR 1200.00

libbydiesel:
Do you have a link to the INA kit that runs everything off one serp  belt?  Does that use the CCW waterpump made from unobtainium?  Does that clear the mk1 lower radiator support?

SR Heer:
Thanks GB for needed info - will be contacting you.

Do you have a link to the INA kit that runs everything off one serp  belt? 

Does that use the CCW waterpump made from unobtainium? 

Does that clear the mk1 lower radiator support?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version