Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Caddy Seats seat warmers  (Read 2860 times)

December 20, 2014, 04:52:06 am

DogDiesel

• Junior

Caddy Seats seat warmers
« on: December 20, 2014, 04:52:06 am »
I want to upholster my Caddy seats, SAME SEATS, with leather, not pleather or fabric, but leather.  But I want to install seat bottom and back warmer units.  Looking for recommendations for good units to install.  I have checked every replacment seat, seat upholstering kits, and don't like the quality.

After driving my Volvos, I am spoiled, damn, those heated seats feel great on a cold day.

Anybody have recommendations for good seat heater units to fit CADDY SEATS?

Wayne

I was looking for units made in USA, because everything on eBay is China made and cost near the same.  Basically throw away.  Well, putting a throw away in an expensive leather seat is not smart. 
EXAMPLES:
http://www.checkcorp.com/seat-heater/seat-heaters.asp
http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html

comments?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:05:09 am by DogDiesel »

Reply #1December 23, 2014, 12:33:07 pm

Joshua!

Re: Caddy Seats seat warmers
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 12:33:07 pm »
Just guessing here, but could you cannibalize a set of MK4 or MK5 heated seats to accomplish this? Pretty good track record with the factory seats...

Reply #2December 23, 2014, 04:02:05 pm

DogDiesel

• Junior

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 04:02:05 pm »
Joshua!,
   Of course I have been looking, but so far the cost for MK5 & 6 seats with shipping is more than the cost of re-upholster with leather.
Been looking for one in salvage.
The cost of the seat warmers is not much.

I am wanting saddle quality leather

Wayne

Reply #3February 16, 2015, 08:52:38 pm

madrogers

• Junior

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:38 pm »
I cut out the seat elements out of a 91 jetta and put them under the upholstery of my 84 Nissan pick up.  I used a dash light rheostat to control the voltage going into the seat to set the temp just right worked great for the 10 or so years I had it in the truck until I sold it . I used the rheostat because I did not take all the other relays and wiring stuff from the scrap car.
My 83 Caddy I swapped in the seats from another 91 jetta and used all the factory stuff and it works just as well .
My wife bought a 2014 jetta and the heated seats are crap , you have to turn them on every time you get in the car , it only has 3 settings and high is to hot and med is to cold and the difference between the 2 sides is quit different
  That's my thoughts on it.
83 CADDY 1.6 TD WINTER
83 CADDY 1.9 AAZ SUMMER

Fixmyvw.com