S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Yes, another "my car won't start!"  (Read 6853 times)

Reply #30December 08, 2014, 10:22:21 am

TylerDurden

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    I have a VW problem.
Re: Yes, another "my car won't start!"
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 10:22:21 am »
"Bottle-feeding" is essential to remove the fuel, fuel lines & tank from the variables.

In the process of IP timing, it is absolutely essential to preload the gauge greater than 2.5mm before rollback, and to check for free (unbinding) gauge movement throughout the process.

For absolute verification that injectors are spraying, they can be removed and the lines on the pump flipped 180o and injectors reattached... resulting in the injectors spraying up into the air.

NEVER get skin in front of high pressure diesel spray, the common medical remedy is amputation:
Prompt and correct diagnosis is crucial for the reduction of the catastrophic results (12,14). Due to their potential morbidity injection injuries are characterized as "the most urgent of all emergencies of the hand" (15). Physicians must be aware of the emergency of this condition, and must regard all patients who report digital injection as potential amputees at the time of the injury (11) and refer them to the appropriately specialized hospital. Almost all of these injuries require expeditious surgery and nonsurgical treatment is exceptional (1). Usually multiple procedures are needed and late reconstruction of the salvaged digit may include the use of flaps to restore good quality pulp tissue to the index finger (16). Antimicrobial therapy including tetanus prophylaxis (12) and use of anticoagulants is recommended, whereas the use of steroids is controversial (1,9). Patients and their relatives should be informed of the nature and severity of this injury. Wide surgical exploration, including decompression of tissue compartments, debridement of nonviable tissue and high-volume saline irrigation under general or regional anesthesia is recommended whereas digital blocks should be avoided.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2532970/

Reply #31December 08, 2014, 09:59:03 pm

nissannx

• Junior

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 09:59:03 pm »
Can you tow it behind a vehicle and try using compression to start the car?

Reply #32December 18, 2014, 05:12:42 pm

derf_kcire.XXII

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 05:12:42 pm »
Timing!! Sometimes you have the IP and crank position in order but then a slight deviation of the cam points could lead to this. Reset the timing, now crank engine for few mites of seconds. Then turn the crank over by the use of a wrench to reexamine all timing points in/meeting accurate markings.  Sometimes 'belt tensioner' fails to ensure firm grip as engine is being cranked, thus puts the timing into disorder.

Reply #33December 18, 2014, 05:30:50 pm

Hdriven

• User+

• Personal Text
    :/
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 05:30:50 pm »
Hey guys so here is the update  :(

I tried starting it again after cleaning up the pump and still nothing.

I made sure that all of the timing specs were in order and they are. I can fit the cam lock tool, the pump lock tool and see the timing mark on flywheel. Timing is spot on checked with dial indicator.

After it failed to start I gave up on it and moved the car elsewhere so that I can't see it anymore.  Out of sight out of mind.  Then as I was cleaning up I noticed 2 f'ing washers staring at me. I messed up somewhere because I'm 100% certain they go IN  the pump.

So this is the game plan:

Check compression to ensure adequate psi

Get new pump and bottle feed it.

Turn engine over and cross my fingers it starts. If it will not start I'm gonna take the car to the crushers!!!

Reply #34December 18, 2014, 09:48:28 pm

nissannx

• Junior

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »
Post pictures of the two washers. Also invert the injectors. See if they are spraying diesel

Reply #35January 26, 2015, 04:38:22 pm

Hdriven

• User+

• Personal Text
    :/
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 04:38:22 pm »
Here is the final post! 
I got the car running. She purrs like a kitten.  It turns out that the pump was the culprit. I took the pump to Propolsion Control Engineering and the guy who rebuilds them had like a millions years of experience. After talking to him for a few minutes he was thinking it was not building enough pressure to start and run. Even though I was getting a spurt of diesel out the pump it was not enough. So, after getting it rebuilt and installing the pump she started right up. 

Thanks for all of the input guys!

Btw: to my understanding it was the single use crush seal or washer in the high pressure pump that caused the loss of pressure. 

Reply #36January 26, 2015, 07:35:20 pm

nissannx

• Junior

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 07:35:20 pm »
Congrats!

Fixmyvw.com