Author Topic: Build idea spitballing  (Read 3256 times)

January 17, 2015, 03:57:50 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

Build idea spitballing
« on: January 17, 2015, 03:57:50 pm »
So I just picked up a 2003 jetta alh, and have been plagued with bad ideas for making power.
Not that it needs to be a monster, but I can never leave well enough alone.
I have sitting in my shop, a holset hy35, manifold, big intercooler, a two stage nitrous setup, and all the tools to fabricate the intake and exhaust plumbing.

Here's the thing, I have lots of experience with idi diesels and making lots of power(had a turbo 1.6, supercharged 1.6, and a supercharged/nitrous isuzu 1.8) but never played around with a tdi.

So I'm a little clueless when it comes to tuning software and nozzles and stuff.

Looking to make 200-ish hp, but gotta do lots of research, and open to suggestions.

-Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #1January 17, 2015, 03:58:39 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

Re: Build idea spitballing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 03:58:39 pm »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #2October 31, 2015, 03:25:17 pm

One_punchmachinegun

• Veteran

Re: Build idea spitballing
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:25:17 pm »
First thing I personally would do is get a stock front grill on it but if that's something you like we will move on.
200 is said to be max power in the ALH before rods bend and other things go wrong.
But I know someone that proved that wrong. Not saying it is recommended.
These tdi's is the same as the little idi's except that it's direct injection, so there will a slight difference in performance. But to make power your going to need to add fuel and boost. But when it comes to doing those properly you will have to get it tuned to your needs because unlike the old idi's these have an ECU controlling everything. You will need to get the supporting mods to support the horsepower your looking for.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world." Jesus Christ