Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Key fob not locking doors  (Read 5353 times)

January 05, 2015, 10:26:51 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Key fob not locking doors
« on: January 05, 2015, 10:26:51 pm »
Here is a puzzler.
 I replaced the door lock mechanism in the driver door as nothing would lock my car. I was locking it for a few weeks with the key as the fob quit with the buttons. I got locked out and I still had the key it just would not unlock, hence me replacing the door lock. Got Ross Tech and no codes. Under others advice I replaced the batteries in the fob and used ross tech to reprogram the key. Ross tech sees the key, key will lock the door with the key but not the fob, it will not pop the trunk or unlock either. Ross tech sees the key fob buttons but they do nothing for the car. Car will lock and unlock fine with the key in the door. I still have no codes or other issues.

Any ideas?

Reply #1January 28, 2015, 09:52:39 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: Key fob not locking doors
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:52:39 am »
After messing with the power a bit last night I think it has something to do with the power wire for the stereo. The Red with white stripe quit working and I had to replace it with new wire. I left it alone, but I think it is grounded out as I got the test light to light up on it when I had it powered on the other end. I will mess with it as time progresses, but I think I need to find where that red/white wire ends up to figure this out.

Reply #2January 28, 2015, 05:00:48 pm

745 turbogreasel

Re: Key fob not locking doors
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 05:00:48 pm »
My friends 02  as affected by  a wiring change with a black wire which had to be cut due to its interaction with an aftermarket stereo harness which should have been redesigned.  Our symptom was no scanner communication though.

S-PAutomotive.com