Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

install my mtdi pump 0460424138 but what should I set the timing to?

(1/2) > >>

countach:
the Engine is a 1Z and the nozzles are set to 210 bar but what should i set the timing to??

vanbcguy:
What's the pump from?

countach:

--- Quote from: vanbcguy on January 04, 2015, 05:01:58 pm ---What's the pump from?

--- End quote ---

the pump is from vw lt28 lt 46 2.8tdi mechanical pump

rodpaslow:
My pump is a vw pump with land rover internals - it's a bit of a hybrid because wanted to just be able to bolt it on.  With mine running currently stock 1Z/AHU injectors I have it set as far advanced as possible (pump slots at max toward engine) at 1.40 using the dial gauge.  This should equate to about 12° BTC.  I starts beautifully even at -30°C now that we have winter.

I would start at 1.3 or so (if you have dial gauge).   The Mtdi pump needs to be much more advanced than the old IDI engines.  My $.02

vanbcguy:
I'm running a Rover pump too... Mine is at about 1.40 give or take, I used the dial gauge to get it in the neighbourhood and then used my pulse adapter and timing light to find 12° BTDC.

I know I've seen mention of the LT pump around quite a bit but I'm not sure if anyone on here specifically has run one.  Lots of Rover / Cummins pumps though.  The cam plate / head are different in the LT pump so the Rover numbers aren't going to mean all that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version