General Information > User's ride Wall

81 Rabbit LS AAZ (2023: now tdi-m)

(1/28) > >>

RabbitJockey:
Bought this car with about 80k on it, then drove it for 5 years, and put about 60k on it with lots of maintenance and minor upgrades, gti cluster modded for diesel, h&r springs with bilstein shocks, and a yellow dot pump.  I stopped driving it about 2 years ago, then replaced a bad headgasket so i could sell it, but cracked the original 11mm 1.6 block, so i drove to canada with a really good friend and picked up 2 aaz's,  one for swapping in to my rabbit.

so here is the car, i have clear corners on the front now and some 13" enkei 92's

here is a picture of it from before i actually bought it, still sitting at the garage/junkyard i got it from

REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RabbitJockey:
the trip to canada took place this time last year.  I met a really cool guy named Aivars(homerj on here) and learned a few things about canada.

first, we got ready for the trip by drinking lots of alcohol the night before, and also eating cheap ***ty pizza, this was a very important step.

The next day involved a lot of driving, and that's about it, but the whole weekend involved lots of learning

firstly, don't laugh when the canadian border officer greets you with "Bon jour" also, when he asks if you have more than 10,000 dollars cash in the vehicle, do not reply with "I wish"  unless you want to hang out in the customs office for a bit

important rule tim hortons rules, stop there often

and there is a lot of valuable information in their bathrooms

in canada it is very easy for your weiner to slip to places you dont want it to be

tolls in canada, are not to be celebrated

canadian hats are the best hats, also if you are in canada you must eat some poutine, it is especially great on a cold day

aivars is a cool guy

two aaz engines in the back of a passat station wagon...

leads to one saggin wagen

On the way back we were stopped by the US border officers, they were a bit more personable, even though they did search the passat.
at the border coming back in to the US

raise it!!!!!!!!!!!

/

lower it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and here is my brother after we finally unloaded the engines into his garage

now jump to a year later, and here is me after i got the 1.6 out of my rabbit

theman53:
You and Andy could be twinning

RabbitJockey:
so here is the old engine and new engine together

AAz swap in to a mk1 is pretty straight forward I want to detail a few things i did to make this swap a little bit simpler

I am going to be running all of the rabbit accessories, so that i can retain the factory air conditioning,  so i had to cut of part of the aaz injection pump bracket so that the alternator can swing up into place proper, i forgot to take a before picture, but it is pretty obvious where i cut it

here you can see how i just followed an edge that was already on the timing belt cover backing plate, and cut out the area where the motor mount goes with a set of red tin snips.  I also cut down the factory 1.6d mount to fit, pretty simple just cut the injection pump part off of it close to the 2 bolts, i had to trim a little off the top as well.

vanbcguy:
Thus thread wins several dozen epic points.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version