Author Topic: Cruise control  (Read 2430 times)

October 29, 2014, 12:17:57 pm

rodpaslow

• Veteran

Cruise control
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:17:57 pm »
I thought I'd post this since got it and it's working fine.  If you have a cruise control car and you don't want to have to fiddle with trying to get all vw stuff working again (pump, diaphram for pedal, electronics, etc)-my car someone had tried installing another aftermarket one with a vac pump and rather large control unit that didn't work when I got the car.   I installed a rostra universal cruise in my MK3 golf.  It's a single unit(no vac pump, all self contained) with 7 or 8 wires coming out of it.  I already had the cruise lever in my car (original vw one - open type)  and the rest is a pretty simple setup if your at all good mechanically with a bit of 12v knowledge.  I have a Mtdi in this car and just added a longer lever to the Injection pump and unit has enough pull to easily keep speed or accelerate, no problem.

One note, with the universal don't follow the instructions if your using the w for the tach.  this doesn't need to be hooked up.  Older cars will need a electric VSS or some other speed signal.  My tdi tranny had electronic VSS.

99' 1.9 1Z Tdi, hybrid pump -1.9 housing & rover internals, 2052 wastegate turbo,.25 hflox nozzles, SDI intake, CTN tranny
96' 1.6 TD Golf, Giles pump, VNT 17, Gas changed to Diesel, Air to Water Int.

S-PAutomotive.com