Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

Nozzles

(1/3) > >>

rodpaslow:
there's not much I can find on what nozzles to use - I know that bigger is likely better as you can always dial it back if needed.  But what is small - I've seen stock is around .187 or so, what is moderate to large? 0.341?

I'm wanting a bit of an increase from stock - would like to hit 200 ft.lb min,  with a 1Z/ahu 11mm head and a 2052 turbo. (in 99 golf-motor & tranny from passat-97)

What would you suggest is a good nozzle for this setup?

vanbcguy:
The Bosio R520 nozzles are pretty much everyone's go-to for up to around 200 HP / 300 ft-lbs.  They are about a 0.260 if you are looking at say the HFLOX nozzles to compare.  You're going to need to get a tune right away with your upgraded turbo so it makes sense to go with nozzles around this size at the same time.

200 ft-lbs is not a hard target to hit at all with the rest of the hardware you've mentioned.  You should be able to get up around 300 ft-lbs with an 11mm pump and a GT2052.

rodpaslow:
Sounds great.  Will be doing this and a few other things before temps fall too low here.  Drivers door lock doesn't work either with key or remote, goto setup system for glow plugs, etc.

Thanks for the help!

libbydiesel:
This is an mTDI, right?  So the 'tune' would most likely consist of doing a slight twiddle to the max fuel and idle.

rodpaslow:
Yes, it is a MTdi, it's a bit unorthodox pump, it's basically all LR parts into a AAZ housing using the 17mm shaft, instead of keeping the larger drive shaft and drive bits.  It only has about 5K miles on it, but so far so good.  It's a bolt on to the 1Z/AHU engine I have (passat 97')

I think these nozzles are really old, lots of km's on them and with an upgrade to the turbo, i might as well do them at the same time.  I have a pressure tester, I'm thinking I might change them myself and see how it works out.  If they have large pressure variation I will send them to get balanced.

So,  yeah should be just fiddle with max fuel and I will lengthen the idle spring as mine is solid at about 800 or so now, would like it at 850 min. (tested with electronic rpm tester, reflective tape on crank pulley)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version