Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: 1991 1.6td starts but doesn't rev....  (Read 1601 times)

October 28, 2014, 10:01:51 pm

euro4life

1991 1.6td starts but doesn't rev....
« on: October 28, 2014, 10:01:51 pm »
Greetings I am new here on this forum and new to the diesel world. I bought a nicely modded ecodiesel. Its ran like a champ for the past 10mo. Then it started to have hard start issues so i decided to swap out the gp's. Well instead of youtubing it i jumped right in and then youtubed it. I wish i would have seen the diy first ::) Oh well it was free education!!  ;D  However i had victory changing out all gp's the 2 behind the IP was a challenge although it was a success i ended up pulling the IP all went well all timing is back dead on she starts up no prob and idles fine too, the prob im having is it will not rev up. I think it has something to do with the throttle linkage lining up with the splines on the shaft but not sure. Can someone explain and add pics if possible how the top of the IP should be reassembled? Springs,cables in and out...... and any input will help, Thank you in advance! :)

Reply #1October 28, 2014, 11:25:51 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: 1991 1.6td starts but doesn't rev....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 11:25:51 pm »
You pulled the IP off and in the process took the top of it off to do so?  You need more UTube videos.  Do a search for throttle lever, bumping back a notch, and see if you can get to those threads that describe how to set the placement of the throttle at idle and then adjust the throttle lever so it actually makes the car go faster. 

Reply #2October 29, 2014, 07:15:20 pm

euro4life

Re: 1991 1.6td starts but doesn't rev....
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:15:20 pm »
You pulled the IP off and in the process took the top of it off to do so?  You need more UTube videos.  Do a search for throttle lever, bumping back a notch, and see if you can get to those threads that describe how to set the placement of the throttle at idle and then adjust the throttle lever so it actually makes the car go faster.
Yes. And cool thanks!

Fixmyvw.com