S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: New Cheapy Injectors  (Read 2080 times)

May 20, 2014, 08:55:12 pm

Toby

• Veteran

New Cheapy Injectors
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:55:12 pm »
I just put a set of chinee cheapy injectors in my wifes 2000 Jetta. I am blown away at the difference in performance. I tested the nozzles in my 2000 Jetta a while back and the spray pattern seemed to be fine. They all popped at about the same pressure. When I put the motor back together on her car I pop tested those injectors and one had a defective spray pattern. I did not replace them then because I was not sure if the motor was going to tolerate the one scratched bore or not.

Well the thing has been WAY down on power since it was first lit off, part of which was due to a MAF. O new CC unit and at least it was safe to drive, but still way down on power. The nozzles I put in were the stock 158s, (or so they alleged). I started by pop testing the old ones as they came out. I wanted to save the 3 "good" old nozzles, as passable spares. After I replaced the first one I was flabbergasted at how much better the new spray pattern was. Much bigger fuel flow and much finer atomization, as well.

It now runs like a whole new car. Almost normal power for an ALH. It still has a notchy turbo actuator, which is in the mail.

The thing that amazes me is how much more critical the injector health is in a TDI. The difference between a brand new nozzle and a barely functioning one in an IDI is not that great. In the TDI its between so slow as to be unsafe and normal power output.

Fixmyvw.com