S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: AAZ disastrous after IP reseal and calibration.  (Read 8889 times)

Reply #45April 20, 2014, 01:41:49 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re:
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »
Also I hear a noise in your third video that I might associate with an overly tight timing belt. Hard to say from here though.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Reply #46April 20, 2014, 03:05:57 pm

Torchd

• Veteran

Re:
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2014, 03:05:57 pm »
The revs not changing when you move the lever through the first bit of its travel imply that the lever wasn't aligned properly when it was attached to the pump again. It is a splined shaft, the orientation between the two parts is tricky.

Hey I just noticed the white two pin connector on your pump. Did you have anything attached to that before? That connector is almost certainly timing related, the later AAZ pumps had a variety of different emissions controls depending on the specific year and market the pump was from. It varies from a system that locks out the advance to computer assisted dynamic timing control.

So this is how its gonna remain or can I fix it somehow?

That switch doesn't work its just there. I have  removed the EGR too as well as the mini ecu above the fuse box that controls egr and other emission related functions.

Reply #47April 20, 2014, 03:06:28 pm

Torchd

• Veteran

Re: AAZ disastrous after IP reseal and calibration.
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2014, 03:06:28 pm »
I will check timing belt tension.

Reply #48April 20, 2014, 03:35:02 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re:
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2014, 03:35:02 pm »
The throttle lever can be fixed... There's a how to on here somewhere. If you search for accelerator lever adjustment or something like that you should find it.

So that white connector just goes to a switch on the accelerator lever? Are there any other electrical connectors on your pump? In particular below that white connector?

Bryn

Reply #49April 20, 2014, 03:35:29 pm

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »
take yourself a good picture of how the springs  on the throttle arm go
Then  take that stack apart till you get to the lever at the pump, take it off and  move it one spline  back toward idle so at full throttle the mechanism is pulled more..
try it, and if you still have slack , go another spline.
You may have to readjust the idle screw afterward...first   have a look at that and see if it seems the reseal guy  has moved it.

Reply #50April 20, 2014, 07:12:30 pm

Zulfiqar

• Veteran

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2014, 07:12:30 pm »
Check that the idle speed is actually adjusted with the idle lever in the back of the pump and not the stop screw (its the residual fuel screw), Your pump not picking up rpm on initial usually happens due to that.

I had a similar issue when I got my 1.6, Torchd can relate to the "mechanical facilities" in the country and a VW Golf is like a spaceship from Mars - 99% of people have never seen one. anyway if the idle is adjusted from the residual - the engine will want to stall on slight load at idle. The engine should idle with authority and should resist stalling on slight load. Thats why the separate idle and residual systems are so great.

If you are unable to get it to idle and pick up rpm properly then reclock the accelerator lever. Infact call up the lab and talk to someone who knows what this is.
Diesel IS the future

Reply #51April 21, 2014, 03:22:06 am

Torchd

• Veteran

Re:
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2014, 03:22:06 am »
The throttle lever can be fixed... There's a how to on here somewhere. If you search for accelerator lever adjustment or something like that you should find it.

So that white connector just goes to a switch on the accelerator lever? Are there any other electrical connectors on your pump? In particular below that white connector?

There is another solenoid switch on the side just beside the white connector.

Reply #52April 21, 2014, 03:28:21 am

Torchd

• Veteran

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:21 am »
Check that the idle speed is actually adjusted with the idle lever in the back of the pump and not the stop screw (its the residual fuel screw), Your pump not picking up rpm on initial usually happens due to that.

I had a similar issue when I got my 1.6, Torchd can relate to the "mechanical facilities" in the country and a VW Golf is like a spaceship from Mars - 99% of people have never seen one. anyway if the idle is adjusted from the residual - the engine will want to stall on slight load at idle. The engine should idle with authority and should resist stalling on slight load. Thats why the separate idle and residual systems are so great.

If you are unable to get it to idle and pick up rpm properly then reclock the accelerator lever. Infact call up the lab and talk to someone who knows what this is.

Yes I can definitely relate to the mechanical facilities available around here. One can tell just by the kind of job these "Authorized diesel service agent" did. There has never been a time that one of my car or my fathers or my brothers cars has gone to the dealer and come back perfect; I always have to fix something or the other they either left out completely or messed up. Be it MB dealer, LR dealer or BMW dealer.

It is resisting stalling under load. I will attempt to reclock the acc. lever and report back.

Reply #53April 21, 2014, 11:08:47 am

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2014, 11:08:47 am »

Ok! On some pumps that solenoid disables the advance circuit on the pump all together unless it sees 12V meaning you'd be running retarded and time you are above idle. That could be a big part of your issues.

Bryn

Reply #54April 21, 2014, 01:29:39 pm

Torchd

• Veteran

Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 01:29:39 pm »

Ok! On some pumps that solenoid disables the advance circuit on the pump all together unless it sees 12V meaning you'd be running retarded and time you are above idle. That could be a big part of your issues.

You are probably right about that but in all of this the only variable is the pump and the timings; the wiring and everything else remains the same before and after the reseal so I wouldn't suspect any thing like that.

Like I said nothing is connected they are just connected to the pump because the engine side wiring loom I am currently using came with this engine , the other side of the black round twist able socket probably does not even have the corresponding wiring needed to make this setup work that is because the original AAZ of this car did not have such IP, that was the earlier version of the AAZ and its IP was very simple looking much like the 1.6TD MF/SB ip. And I do not have the black mini ecu installed in the car which I believe is responsible for all such functions.

Reply #55April 21, 2014, 03:45:24 pm

Toby

• Veteran

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 03:45:24 pm »
I would try putting 12v across the pins of the solenoids one at a time, and see what happens. I have seen the solenoid on a Volvo make a huge difference in how they run. I had one that had not had the IP wiring hooked up in years and apparently ran fine. I de-slimed the IP and then it would not run correctly w/o the wiring hooked up.

Fixmyvw.com