Author Topic: My slow AAZ rebuild  (Read 17768 times)

Reply #75August 25, 2014, 08:28:17 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: My slow AAZ rebuild
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2014, 08:28:17 am »
lots of parts that you could have sold. Those tails looked better than all the ones that I had on my cars and I am sure you could have made something for them. More than the scrap steel weight I am sure.

Reply #76August 25, 2014, 03:13:31 pm

shorttimer

• Junior

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2014, 03:13:31 pm »
It really hurt to see the Rabbit being crushed. Would have thought the doors & tail & maybe a few other parts would have been worth the removal and made some other Rabbit's owner happy. But time & storage can be more of a factor.

Reply #77September 02, 2014, 02:29:52 pm

gnavs

• Veteran

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2014, 02:29:52 pm »
I honestly did feel bad sending the rabbit to the crusher but it was just too rusty to work with.  I want a MK1 in the future but it would have been too much to bring that one back to where I wanted it.
The MK3 did get a bunch of parts removed prior to crushing, the tails were among them.  I did have it up on some local boards as a parts car but no biters, honestly Pick and Pull have enough MK3's in their lot so the competition was stiff.  Everything of value was removed, leather seats, tails, euro plate tub, grille, some interior bits.
The main factor was definitely storage.  With both cars being at my dad's place it was out of sight/out of mind for me but not him.  He's building a shop right in the area where these cars were parked so there was some pressure to get them the hell out of there  ;D

Once his shop is finished I'll probably be back at it with a nicer MK1, that's the plan anyway.