Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

MTDI Definition????

(1/5) > >>

dennis:
It has been a while since I have been on this forum. Just been driving my Caddy 1.6TD, and my 83 Volvo 245 D24T. I recently traded into a high mile 2000 Golf TDI (285 kilo-miles), and have started wondering.. I really don't like computer controlled anything on a vehicle.

The question without doing a lot of gleaning info from other posts is "what basically is done to make an MTDI out of a TDI. I got a pretty good collection 1.6 parts. Am I just swapping in a mechanical pump?

I gave the my Caddy to my son as it is hard on an old man with a daily commute totaling over 200 miles, but I could live in a MK1 Rabbit or anything that the seat will move further back in. The 00 Golf would still be a nice platform but the one I acquired is too rusty to put any money in.

Thanks

Dennis

bbob203:
You need a rover pump its a direct bolt in for your mk4 alh. You will also need a cable actuated gas pedal. You could cannibalize the alh pump but it would be better to just get a rover pump.

CRSMP5:
Rover pump direct bolt on, make throttle cable bracket, add cable, build vnt controller for turbo,

Sadly, uk guy in uk, no pumps in usa as they all sold, im outta town using crappy phone for this till 3 1st, get theman t, o get u his email, he will want deposit to bringbring more back... Lotsa bs in customs... Last 4pumps were $500 shipped, h
e himself removes from the rovrrs

dennis:
What particular Rover (year, and model) for search purposes? Were these imported to the US?

Dennis

CRSMP5:
Ebay uk, no usa imports... Why imo, my uk guy connection value, i know he checks fuel and such before removing, he carry back on plane, ships from inside usa to u... No brick in box, half chance to get thru customs, some morons do not drain fuel, do gets thrown away via shipper, just vs 100 to 300 for ebay, i sold 3 of 4 he got last time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version