Author Topic: Custom dash?  (Read 5298 times)

Reply #15March 29, 2014, 06:22:02 pm

jaed_43725

Re: Custom dash?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »
I am not planning on using most of the factory senders, they are inaccurate and unreliable. The only factory ones will be the speedo and fuel level. There is a easy workaround for the tach, I already can get adapters for anything so oil pressure is easy, water temp is simple, boost is already hooked up, EGT already has a spot made, and voltmeter is easy.

The hardest part will be making the actual dash itself. I am not taking it to the worlds fair, so it doesnt need to look factory. Heck I would just the same have it powder coated black. The biggest thing is it needs to be able to come apart somewhat easy. If that means some welding being done for tabs, than so be it.

Reply #16March 29, 2014, 06:29:58 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: Custom dash?
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 06:29:58 pm »
If you haven't done this then you will not understand that it is not exactly easy. Drill and tap is the easiest, but if you ever want to sell the car then you need an extra manual to go with it so people will know what is going on, or they start a thread with the title "PO's hack job...". If you adapt it, it is difficult as all the temp senders need to be in the flow to be working properly, and most adapters put it out of the stream to be measured...again do able, but not simple to get accurate and good info to your gauges.

Some have changed since this to better match, but this is how it was when I got it running.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:39:13 pm by theman53 »

S-PAutomotive.com