Author Topic: 1984 Rabbit Diesel L and 1981 Caddy Diesel Shell  (Read 3158 times)

February 10, 2014, 04:14:32 pm

CODE4LS1

• Junior

1984 Rabbit Diesel L and 1981 Caddy Diesel Shell
« on: February 10, 2014, 04:14:32 pm »
Up for sale are both of my Dubya Diesels.  My family is growing by +1 and the Rabbit is no longer practical.  The Caddy shell was a project of mine that I realize will just sit in the garage indefinitely.

The Rabbit:
1984 Diesel L, 1.6 N/A diesel and all original.  No fluid leaks and everything works as it should.
I bought it in July '13 and have replaced the ORIGINAL shocks/struts with the cheapie coilover set, replaced the water pump, thermostat, all O-rings (t-stat housing and thermo), all oil seals minus the rear main (doesn't leak), timing belt and front wheel bearings.  New complete shift linkage and bushing set and new 2 notch head gasket (12mm).
The IP is nice and dry, no leaks whatsoever.
It is a factory non A/C car, 5 speed (7A code on bell housing).
Tinted the windows Dec. '13.[/img][/img]

Caddy Shell:
1981 completely rust-free shell, 0% rust.  There is no engine or transmission.  It has no interior as it was all sun-rotted from sitting in a field in SoCal for a LONG time.  I bought the truck complete and stripped it down to a rolling shell with plans to restore it.
I also removed the wiring harness and HVAC system as field rats ate/destroyed all engine bay wiring, as well as figured out a way to make a nest inside the HVAC housing where the heater core and evap. coil are.
The bed is 100% straight, no waves or dents anywhere and comes with a camper shell.
The title is clean and clear (not salvaged) and has been in non-operational status since I have owned it.
The truck is a rolling shell, complete with steering column, rack and complete suspension.

I would like to get $4500 for the Rabbit OBO.
I am asking $900 OBO for the Caddy.

I am downsizing to a smaller home so I am motivated to sell.  Any reasonable offers will be accepted.

I will also entertain trades, though I am ONLY looking for a 4 door VW Diesel or wagon to accommodate the family better.

If someone wants both for some reason, I'll take $5000 for the pair.

I am located in Southern California, please PM with any questions, but I prefer email:  [email protected].

Here are links to my local Craigslist ads:
Caddy http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4316315820.html

Rabbit:  http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4327851159.html