Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

Diesel Pulse Adapter Info Thread

<< < (2/32) > >>

libbydiesel:

--- Quote from: rbremiller on January 18, 2014, 05:23:32 pm ---I'm all over this. You'd think there would be some cheap, adaptable tech out there to make a simple module. The available new units I've found are $190.00 and up. Ferret and Gunson are two manufacturers.

--- End quote ---

The pickup mine uses is pretty much the same as the piezo pickup that tinytach.  Tinytach sells just the transducer for $60.  I imagine that someone with a little prototyping skill could build up a signal processor easily enough...

81 vw pu:
Here's one on craigslist here in central Wa. $50

http://yakima.craigslist.org/tls/4254923469.html

libbydiesel:
That's a luminosity probe version.  It will work in a similar manner, but the spec for timing would be different.

92EcoDiesel Jetta:

--- Quote from: libbydiesel on January 18, 2014, 07:27:16 pm ---Yes, I use 12° BTDC.

--- End quote ---

Are there other degree markings on the idi flywheels (other than the TDC mark)  or do you have to make your own? How do you make your 12 degree mark? How many teeth are on my 92 Eco flywheel? I am in the midst of a project, playing with piezo sensors and circuitry to make a diesel pulse adapter.

libbydiesel:
If you reread my first post it will answer your questions except how many teeth are you your flywheel.  Obviously you can answer that question easier than I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version