Author Topic: Cam sprockets.  (Read 4539 times)

Reply #15November 04, 2013, 08:49:57 pm

bbob203

• Veteran

Re: Cam sprockets.
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 08:49:57 pm »
I bought the metalnerd timing tool kit and the puller they supply is top notch Im hoping it will work on injection pumps to,
92 Passat wagon M-TDi
03 Jetta wagon TDi
VE Timing tools for rent
Need a car transported a long distance? Pm me for details.

Reply #16November 05, 2013, 07:58:37 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
Re: Re: Cam sprockets.
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 07:58:37 am »
Remember we had someone who was smacking the transmission end of the cam with a hammer trying to make the sprocket pop off the other end? Always good to make sure things are spelled out for the next guy...

haha, there are seriously some people who just need to put the tools down and back away from the car.  when i look at buying a car that is one of the things i look for: any clue that would lead to think a total amateur or hack mechanic ever touched the car... you know wood screws and wire nuts that type of stuff.

on face book i joined the group PA Dubbers.  the questions those kids ask are really sad, last night one guy was asking how to remove the v belt from his mk2.  like dude u need a friend who can start teaching you stuff, you don't need facebook.
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #17November 05, 2013, 02:02:04 pm

One_punchmachinegun

• Veteran

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 02:02:04 pm »
Haha, yeah. I haven't learned my lesson yet with buying cars. I always end up getting a car that some hack artist had, and I repair it. This mk2 I'm driving now when I got it 70% of the coolant hoses were garden hoses, the interior and engine wiring harness were jacked.. and much much more... Sometimes I just don't get people. Other times I understand why some might "make" something work, but other times it really just comes down to safety issues.

V-belts? They are a piece of cake.. when I first started working on cars I just jumped into it. Learned a lot that why. Often it was at the expense of a mistake, sometimes it would be before the mistake would happen which was always good.
“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world." Jesus Christ

Reply #18November 06, 2013, 11:46:58 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 11:46:58 am »
Haha, yeah. I haven't learned my lesson yet with buying cars. I always end up getting a car that some hack artist had, and I repair it. This mk2 I'm driving now when I got it 70% of the coolant hoses were garden hoses, the interior and engine wiring harness were jacked.. and much much more... Sometimes I just don't get people. Other times I understand why some might "make" something work, but other times it really just comes down to safety issues.

V-belts? They are a piece of cake.. when I first started working on cars I just jumped into it. Learned a lot that why. Often it was at the expense of a mistake, sometimes it would be before the mistake would happen which was always good.

Yep, i earned my fix a hacked car merrit badge already, no thanks on another one.  if i see one hint of that type of *** i pass.
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #19November 06, 2013, 08:21:36 pm

One_punchmachinegun

• Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 08:21:36 pm »
Just as an update and info for another person looking for similar info, the 1.6 sprocket does NOT work. It sits to close to the head. It doesn't have the same offset. Thanks for the help guys.
“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world." Jesus Christ

Fixmyvw.com