Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Bullying Left Lane Lazy Drivers  (Read 16546 times)

Reply #30October 28, 2013, 12:16:44 pm

clbanman

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Cambridge, Ontario
Re: Bullying Left Lane Lazy Drivers
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 12:16:44 pm »
Ever see the yellow stickers at the corner of a big steel flatbed
'passing side'..........................................................'suicide'
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2012/07/22/daily-picdump-527/passing-side-vs-suicide-side-sign-on-a-truck/
Calvin
91 VW Golf 1.6NA 5spd

Reply #31October 30, 2013, 09:32:10 am

DogDiesel

• Junior

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 09:32:10 am »
I have honestly seen a lot of things on trucks in the US, and I travel a lot, but have not seen that "suicide" label on the right side.  With trucks operating in the middle lane of our US three or more lane freeways, it's meaning and humor is deminished.

Reply #32November 01, 2013, 08:18:37 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 08:18:37 am »
yeah i've never seen that either.  most trucks unless they are heavily loaded, drive just like cars and hang in the left lane.  i've had some wild encounters with truckers too,  i was driving through the mountains in new york coming back from rhode island when i had some crazy trucker riding my ass going up a mountain honking his horn and ***,  we were going atleast 80, the guy must have been on cocaine or something.
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #33November 02, 2013, 09:44:39 pm

DogDiesel

• Junior

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 09:44:39 pm »
yep

Reply #34November 04, 2013, 07:40:57 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 07:40:57 am »
ever since this thread started its like now i am just looking for people riding the left lane.  i left plenty early for work today, but still i was a little frustrated when i got stuck behind a left lane pacer, they were holding up 15-20 cars.  i think im going to sponsor a national psa for highway etiquette, once i hit the lotto.  i did still got to work early...
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #35November 04, 2013, 07:14:00 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 07:14:00 pm »
They are the reason 007 had missiles installed on some of his cars.  Pace this!

Reply #36November 04, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

vwroadkill

• Junior

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 08:11:54 pm »
if we all had a 007 cars, the highways would be empty, I had a gentleman{ term used loosely} have an out of body experience Friday because I past him. the smile and wave gesture set him off. seriously I waved at him. he went nutz.. haven't laughed that hard at that time of morning in a while.
people today
new owner of an 81 caddy diesel yipeeeee..vw gti vr6 and well most of gm's trucks

Reply #37November 04, 2013, 08:44:09 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re:
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 08:44:09 pm »
A couple of my good friends just got nailed by an older lady turning right from the center lane on a 3-lane road, they were in the right lane. She said at the scene that she was sorry but she doesn't have good eyesight. :-\
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Reply #38November 04, 2013, 09:51:42 pm

DogDiesel

• Junior

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 09:51:42 pm »
Just refer to them as left-lane-lazy...  really hurts peoples ego.  I was following a guy from work, knew his car, so I busted him out at work for being left-lane-lazy.  I'm not lazy, man....  No I said, you are the stupid guy in the left lane on cruise control making people pass you on the right.  You'd think, after the first guy that past you, that you should yield.  Hey man, dude, its a free country... let'em pass me.  So I passed Einstein later that week and pull in front of him, and set my cruise.  He saw me at work, hey, I know that was you....dude,i said,  its a free country... (at no time in this recount of stories, for those who are speed natzies, was any speed limit broken.  Only common courtesy and yield right laws.  no one got a ticket, no accidents were force.  einstein will not wake up and smell the coffee, no change. 
Just don't call einstein lazy.  which I do now. often recounting this moment.

LEFT-LANE-LAZY. 

ever since this thread started its like now i am just looking for people riding the left lane.  ... i think im going to sponsor a national psa for highway etiquette, once i hit the lotto.  ..

Reply #39November 05, 2013, 07:53:58 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2013, 07:53:58 am »
i don't make anyone drive faster, they shouldnt make me drive slower.

and i always yield and let people pass me, you never know who's trying to rush and get home to see their dying dog one last time, or who is mentally unstable and just lost their job, then their house in a divorce or what ever.  although usually the guy in a rush is just a kid or a coke head or both.

Reply #40November 05, 2013, 09:53:36 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:36 am »
http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

theres an interesting list, u can see maryland has no yield laws, how ever va does.  but that explains why maryland drivers drive how they do to some degree.

Reply #41November 06, 2013, 09:32:42 am

DogDiesel

• Junior

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 09:32:42 am »
thanks for posting the nations' laws on passing - yeilding right.

Actually, Maryland's law is fairly clear:

"(b)  Special rule for slow-moving traffic.- On every roadway, except while overtaking and passing another vehicle going in the same direction... shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway. "

When you remove the exceptions, which do not apply on freeways, it's clear.  Must be clear, they give out tickets against it.

TRANSPORTATION
TITLE 21 - VEHICLE LAWS - RULES OF THE ROAD
Subtitle 3 - Driving on Right Side of Roadway; Overtaking and Passing; Use of Roadway
Section 21-301 - Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.
§ 21-301. Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.

(a)  General rule.- On every roadway that is wide enough, a vehicle shall be driven on the right half of the roadway, except: 

(1) While overtaking and passing another vehicle going in the same direction, under the rules governing this movement; 

(2) Where there is an obstruction that makes it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway, but the driver of any vehicle doing so shall yield the right-of-way to any other vehicle that is traveling in the proper direction on the unobstructed part of the highway and is so near as to be an immediate danger; 

(3) On a roadway that is divided into three or more clearly marked lanes for vehicular traffic, subject to the rules applicable to these roadways; 

(4) On a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic; or 

(5) On a roadway that is marked or signposted in a manner indicating that a contrary rule exists. 

(b)  Special rule for slow-moving traffic.- On every roadway, except while overtaking and passing another vehicle going in the same direction or when preparing for a lawful left turn, any vehicle going 10 miles an hour or more below the applicable maximum speed limit or, if any existing conditions reasonably require a speed below that of the applicable maximum, at less than the normal speed of traffic under these conditions, shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway. 

(c)  Roadway with four or more lanes and two-way movement of traffic.-   

(1) On any roadway that is divided into four or more clearly marked lanes for vehicular traffic and that provides for two-way movement of traffic, a vehicle may not be driven on the left of the centerline of the roadway, except: 

(i) Where authorized by a traffic control device designating a lane to the left of the center of the roadway for use by traffic not otherwise permitted to use this lane; or 

(ii) As permitted under subsection (a) (2) of this section. 

(2) This subsection does not prohibit the crossing of the centerline of a roadway while making a left turn into or from an alley or a private road or driveway. 

Reply #42November 09, 2013, 01:03:07 am

Syncroincity

• Veteran

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2013, 01:03:07 am »
Notice how he's in the left lane....

JC McCavitt
'86 Syncro GL Camper AAZ
'98 Jetta Wolfie
'04 Passat Variant GLS 4Mo 5MT

Reply #43November 09, 2013, 04:15:04 am

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2013, 04:15:04 am »
Looks like hes passing some soccer grand mom in  a sport commute Suburban.

Reply #44November 11, 2013, 09:30:25 am

DogDiesel

• Junior

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 09:30:25 am »
I can remember when truckers were considered to be the most professional drivers on the road.
The job I do, actually could be done better with a Commercial Drivers Licence (CDL).  I let mine expire.  So far, I have avoided a CDL, because when you get a ticket, the penalty is far greater than with a normal drivers licence.  I run into many former truckers who lost their CDL due to tickets.
I have a CL 6 Medium Duty Truck, and have driven CL 7 & 8s, and I am hardly ever in the left lane, and if so, not for long.
Most trucks are set up to run 68MPH, with 71 or so the top float speed. 
If a trucker is in the left lane, it is no wonder cars are passing on the right.  But it is amazing how many freeway jams are caused by truckers too far left.
Kudos for states like California and Michigan whose rules keep the trucker right.
The turtle truck in the left lane running with rabbits is poor judgement.

Fixmyvw.com