Author Topic: So I'm still alive..  (Read 2220 times)

September 08, 2013, 08:42:03 pm

wdkingery

• Veteran

So I'm still alive..
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:42:03 pm »
My little car still goes too.  I have "glued in" a shower curtain behind the driver's seat, which separates me from the entire rear of the car; fumes.  I thought I would have wiped my pump out by now, and it has taken some wear.. but the worst was when one of the bolts fell out of the back of the pump.. caused some weird idle issues.  The pump is still a little jerky from the time i dumped raw black ATF in there.  That is about the dumbest thing you can do, as used ATF is full of friction material, exactly not what your pump wants to process.  But it recovered.. mostly. 

Now that it's summer I've been running 5 gallons WMO to 2.xx gallons diesel, and it deals with that pretty well.  In fact I cannot tell you just how impressed I have been with this little motor.  It has seen pure hell, and hasn't misfired but like twice ever.  I've run it on 100% wmo in a pinch (just don't ever shut it off until you can dilute.)  It still gets around 35 mpg on this mixture.  Smokes like holy hell I must say tho.  The smoke has gotten rather intense.  Rich black clouds at all times.

The electronics have slowly gone down hill.  The wipers just gave up a few weeks ago; it's to the point i just run my own wires and relay for each thing that goes bad.  So far the blower, wipers and GP's are on their own wiring.  And the headlight switch smoked and I lost my headlights one night, but i found a spare in the trunk, so i'm guessin that happens sometimes.  The alternator light has it's own things it does, but the alt charges.  The temp gauge couldn't be right anymore, as it reads mostly cold, but will climb on up if i sit still or go more than 70. 
I don't have radiator fans cause i'm no longer using a jetta radiator (pickens are slim at the bone lots now adays), and again i've been damn impressed with the amount of heat the motor has taken.. never managed to overheat it.

It sees full throttle every shift, every time now.  And pretty much full throttle at speed to, as i take interstates that are 65-70, and my top speed is just under 80.  It pretty much has idle, and WOT. 

The chevy with the brake lights was the damn brake pedal switch (i swear i didn't see nothing wrong with it!!) and the 1986 6.9 idi has leaky tank lines.. i think. Haven't replaced them yet.

So i was just stopping by to say hi.  Try WMO hahah you'll like it

Reply #1September 08, 2013, 09:27:54 pm

8v-of-fury

Re: So I'm still alive..
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:27:54 pm »
My AHU, .216's and Rover pump are a little bit more expensive to replace.. ;)

I'll stick to 2 micron filtered #2 ;). But If I land a MB wagon, she'll get the 1000 gallons of WMO I have saved up and I'll trek across the land for free haha.

Fixmyvw.com