General Information > User's ride Wall

Black 85 Golf 2 door

<< < (2/5) > >>

srgtlord:
So after quite a few years of the serpentine on 3 bolts and 2 brackets later Im switching to a v-belt setup from an mk-1. The serpentine bracket has become unobtainium even from the dealer. So $150 and 3 hours later I have the complete non/ac setup from an mk1. I may have to switch to a 40mm hub if I dont have the proper waterpump pulley...

srgtlord:
What a living nightmare. The place I went to in Hudson Ma had a complete setup from one of the early 1.6 engines. My engine lacked a crucial mounting point for the bracket. Also the waterpump pulley was for a 40mm pump and my pump is 30mm. I ended up grabbing the bracket from my cousin's caddy pickup thats been sitting for 6 years in a field. I also happened to dig out a waterpump pulley that was 30mm and the correct offset. So between The junkyard in Hudson; my cousin's truck ; and the pile of vw parts that came with my red vw 7 years ago; I pieced together  a setup that appears to be working. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

srgtlord:
3 years and 100,000 miles later still going strong

srgtlord:
-1 degree Fahrenheit the other day. Managed to get the beast started :)

https://youtu.be/-4mCQfipHpA

srgtlord:
Well almost 5 years later and Im still driving the Golf. Im splitting the miles on my 50 mile commute between the Golf and a 1990 Cutlass supreme when the Golf is broken :)

Recently I drove my sister's 2010 honda fit on the highway and noticed the wind wanted to blow it off the road. My 34 year old Golf does not have this issue. Guess they do not test new economy cars in wind tunnels anymore

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version