Author Topic: FS: injection pumps for cores with various issues(1 na, 1 turbo, 1 unknown)  (Read 3110 times)

July 16, 2013, 08:36:09 pm

damac

• Veteran

Here is a link to photo album of each pump with pictures of each side and part numbers.  Each are as they sit.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kellyass/library/injection%20pumps?sort=3&page=1

The non turbo pump I had on my 85 jetta for a few months and it left some wet spots of fuel but did the job fine, so that needs a reseal.

The goofy other brand pump I don't know it was on a rabbit when I got it.  I tried the atf soak and never got life of the car, they said it had went out.  When I tried to start it there was fuel coming from the front metal fitting into that electrical connector thing.  It seems to me somebody crossthreaded but maybe it would work with a new crush collar.  I also tried to yank that and put in another pumps fuel regulator so fuel wouldn't spit at me and it still wouldn't catch.

The turbo pump is my attempt at doing what others on here said could be done.  I had a working non turbo pump and tried to add a turbo top from a pump that was also working but had a wallowed out mainshaft.  I grinded the pin off inside.  I also swapped the turbo pumps high pressure end and the governor linkage inside because I quickly found when taking off the tops that I couldn't simply swap parts because one pump had solid linkages?  Not the little slotted piece like I was used to on turbo pump so you could free the linkage from the lower half.  This was cleaned and resealed but the car ran like crap, an engine/setup that had before and after another pump which does just fine.  It was smoking everywhere, high egt's and lacked power even on boost.  I tried to start with the fuel screw in the right place but the rest is over my head and it wasn't reacting to changes so I gave up.

Would love to sell to perhaps somebody that could use the parts, they are just taking up room on my shelf.

1985 turbo diesel jetta

Reply #1July 16, 2013, 09:52:01 pm

8v-of-fury

I am interested. Always looking for parts, can never have to many. PM IS BEING WRITTEN.

Fixmyvw.com