Engine Specific Info and Questions > Non VW Group Diesel

6.9l idi ford DB2 IP issue

<< < (2/6) > >>

jboogie13:
If i remember correctly, the pumps for those trucks are relatively inexpensive compared to the VW pumps. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but if it does you can keep your legs and just sell an arm  ;D

theman53:
are those the ones that the IP runs off oil pressure? If so and you have an oil leak at the back of the engine that could be it too. I would do the simple filter and the other stuff suggested too.

vanbcguy:
Low/no power and low boost on a diesel means not enough fuel. If it is running at all I'd be shocked to find the cause was something physically broken in the pump. Fuel starvation on the other hand....

Rule out the simple stuff before going off the deep end!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jboogie13:

--- Quote from: theman53 on July 08, 2013, 08:39:27 am ---are those the ones that the IP runs off oil pressure? If so and you have an oil leak at the back of the engine that could be it too. I would do the simple filter and the other stuff suggested too.

--- End quote ---
No, the powerstrokes (DI) use the oil pressure to control injection. The Ip is still a rotary pump but is lower pressure because the final pressurization of fuel happens at the injector. It's a pretty neat process IMO.

mzak88:
Get a stanadyne or racor water separator/filter head. Cheap insurance regardless. You can get them both with integral priming pumps, water bowls, heaters etc. even an electric lift pump built in on the Stan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version