S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Jetta AHU harness to passat style AHU harness conversion?  (Read 1823 times)

July 05, 2013, 05:32:14 pm

the4ork

• Veteran

im trying to drop a ahu into a mk2 and utilize the existing mk2 harness for the lights, radiator fan, a/c blinkers and what not...

but im having to delete ALOT of crap out of the mk3 harness to do this, and its proving to be quite a pain in the ass!

i wish i did a better job labeling and taking pictures of the fuse panel before i dissasembled everything because there are ALOT of single plug wires everywhere i have no idea where they go. im about to just give up and buy a passat harness LOL

anyone have any good wiring diagrams? i have this one but its really confusing to read

http://pics.tdiclub.com/members/eugolf4/diags/WD-CoolantHeaterElements-MY98-ENG.pdf

Reply #1July 06, 2013, 09:03:37 pm

thegimpster

• Administrator
  • Junior

• VDubShirts.com Awesome VW themed shirts with attitude
Re: Jetta AHU harness to passat style AHU harness conversion?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 09:03:37 pm »
Let me do some looking at the bookmarks on my laptop (I'm on my phone right now) I've got a bunch from the vanagon guys that have how to cut back most of your harness. You might just look up the yahoo group on tdi vanagons incase I'm too slow. They have a lot of pdf's on it. Also google the 'volkswagen online technical resource center'. Its a russian site that has tons of wiring diagrams and even some scanned in bentleys.

I just did basically the same thing last week to my rabbit with a mk3 harness.
Check out www.vdubshirts.com for cool VW themed shirts with attitude.

S-PAutomotive.com