General Information > Smoke Tales

Michigan state police don't like black smoke

<< < (5/5)

libbydiesel:

--- Quote from: One_punchmachinegun on October 27, 2013, 11:17:30 pm ---Well I pored some serious smoke at that time, I never exceeded the speed limit just got there quick with a cloud of death behind me. When I actually noticed him it was too late and I ended up just laughing really hard as I strolled by making eye contact. Needless to say he came out..with his lights on.
--- End quote ---

I see what air-cooled is saying.  Punch even states fairly openly that getting pulled over and getting a ticket was entirely expected given his behavior.

Personally I find life to be easier, more enjoyable, less embarrassing and less expensive by tuning my max fuel fairly conservatively or running more boost to minimize smoke and by taking a respectful attitude toward those individuals who have the power to be irritating.

monomer:

--- Quote from: Dean Erickson on June 02, 2013, 08:52:35 pm ---So my wife took the Rabbit truck to town for groceries, When she pulled out on old us 131 she was getting after the truck to get it going. That equals black smoke. Well there was a Michigan state troper coming up from behind her and didn't like the black smoke coming from the truck, he said he couldn't see the tailgate. He came up and said all that smokes not normal and she should have it looked at. lol. It's not all that bad they just aren't use to seeing an old diesel rabbit runing around here. He did give her a fix it ticket for the small crack in the windshield.

--- End quote ---

Dean,

You in the Southeast at all? Your caddy looks all to familiar.

Toby:

--- Quote from: libbydiesel on November 29, 2013, 12:19:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: One_punchmachinegun on October 27, 2013, 11:17:30 pm ---When I actually noticed him it was too late and I ended up just laughing really hard as I strolled by making eye contact. Needless to say he came out..with his lights on.
--- End quote ---

I see what air-cooled is saying.  Punch even states fairly openly that getting pulled over and getting a ticket was entirely expected given his behavior.

Personally I find life to be easier, more enjoyable, less embarrassing and less expensive by tuning my max fuel fairly conservatively or running more boost to minimize smoke and by taking a respectful attitude toward those individuals who have the power to be irritating.
--- End quote ---

His first mistake was laughing at the cop. His second was making eye contact. NEVER do either. Back out of it and drive normally. Do not pull over until it is clear that he wants you specifically to pull over. Taking a "gosh golly officer, I did not know that I was doing anything wrong" attitude seems to work best. Whether he is Einstein or a half wit, he takes his job seriously. If you let him know that you don't, you are in for a pencil whipping. When pulled over always remember Toby's 4 Rules: 1) Admit NOTHING, 2) Deny EVERYTHING, 3) Demand proof, and then, 4) don't believe it.

I would have said something like "Sorry officer, this is a diesel and I think I got a load of bad fuel or something. My car has been smoking way more than normal since I fueled up in (some place outside his jurisdiction). I am just trying to use up this crappy fuel so I can get a load of the good stuff and make it stop. I sure hope that stuff does not screw up my car."

I have beaten over 100 traffic tickets, so I have a pretty good idea what works and what does not.

One_punchmachinegun:
Yup. Its alright, I'm sure I could have done it differently and got out of it. Not that I feel like I was giving little to much attitude, last thing I wanted was a ticket. I feel like the two key points that got me the ticket were
1: the large quantity of black smoke( can be very offensive to some)
2: the smile/laughter, not sure if he completely seen it but if he did that didn't help.
But regardless it's in the past and paid for. Good times

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

anhtran:
He did give her a fix it ticket for the small crack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version