S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: tuned mk3TDI>Dually Ford coal roller  (Read 6777 times)

October 03, 2012, 06:04:49 pm

GTiTDi

• Junior

• Personal Text
    Schnell Snail TDI performance
    • My 91 GTI --> TDI swap thread
tuned mk3TDI>Dually Ford coal roller
« on: October 03, 2012, 06:04:49 pm »
So on lunch break I was driving down 28 and I got behind a new(er) Ford dually pickup with a rack, and a HUGE tail pipe....we were both cruising along at 60mph or so and I wasn't tail gating him but I saw him look back and then I see a big soot cloud start bellowing out as the boost starts picking up, so I got on it and easily kept up. He looked back again, and looked displeased  :P So once traffic was clear I pulled on his right side and went for it, I could hear his turbo spooling back up but I easily pulled away, reached 100 mph, and still managed to slow down and turn at the turn around 1/4 mile afterwards...mind you my Jetta has a roof rack on it with slots for three bikes....but also a ported head, PP357's and a K03/K04....and worn out drums in the rear...which made it all even more epic that I was able to stop in time! ;D
He passed by me giving the thumbs up, and then afterwards thumbs down....SO I gave him the middle finger in response!
Sorry my rusty beater TDI smoked your male inadequacy compensation rig! At that point I wish I had a programmable marquis on which I could write "YOU MAD BRO?"

91 GTI/ AHU spec'd 1Z power, GT2052W w custom adapter (available through me, PM me for details),TDTUNING software, PP764 nozzles, Massive spearco FMIC, PD intake, Koni reds
97 B4VGLX AHU, RC3, 357's, PP'd head, Shine springs and Koni yellows

Reply #1October 04, 2012, 09:23:28 pm

CrazyAndy

• Veteran

Re: tuned mk3TDI>Dually Ford coal roller
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:23:28 pm »
HAH!  Can't wait to do that to all the "come at me bro" Honda kids around my town.

Big diesel truck guys don't seem to get the term "power to weight ratio".  :P

Reply #2October 05, 2012, 12:36:42 pm

clbanman

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Cambridge, Ontario
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:36:42 pm »
I think you may have misunderstood his thumb signals.   I would have taken the first thumbs up as approval for your car being a diesel and fast, and the second as his feelings on his loss.  Just my take on things.
Calvin
91 VW Golf 1.6NA 5spd

Reply #3October 05, 2012, 03:25:52 pm

GTiTDi

• Junior

• Personal Text
    Schnell Snail TDI performance
    • My 91 GTI --> TDI swap thread
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 03:25:52 pm »
I think you may have misunderstood his thumb signals.   I would have taken the first thumbs up as approval for your car being a diesel and fast, and the second as his feelings on his loss.  Just my take on things.
ahh yes the thumbs up lasted longer than the thumbs down, and I doubt he saw me flip the bird!
91 GTI/ AHU spec'd 1Z power, GT2052W w custom adapter (available through me, PM me for details),TDTUNING software, PP764 nozzles, Massive spearco FMIC, PD intake, Koni reds
97 B4VGLX AHU, RC3, 357's, PP'd head, Shine springs and Koni yellows

Reply #4March 01, 2013, 01:57:03 am

dieseljunkie69

• User+

• Personal Text
    81 Jetta
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:57:03 am »
the term "power to weight ratio".  :P

Most V8 guys are this way.. Unless it is some small car with a shoe horned V8.. Different story. When it is a 1500 and a 305 2bbl...................... HAHA AS SLOW AS A FRIGGAN 1.5NA!
I'm That Guy.

S-PAutomotive.com