Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

How our injection pumps work, videos and service manuals inside

<< < (3/3)

theman53:
Holy cow, just got this message on facebook...performance pump knowledge here. Advance curve is part but this is huge. Came from Goren the guy who built Jetmugg's record holding pump in the 1.5 land speed truck...
You have K and KF value. KF is when springs are unloaded usually 5-6mm. KF is kolben feder ib german. Piston spring. K is the value that you set with the shim under the plunger. When pump is mounted usually you have 3,6mm K at Bottom. But different lift calls for different K. Often you get it in testplan. For performance i use To set at top lift - 0.2-0.4 mm

and more...

KF is springs unloaded. Rotor out of pump. I set 0.2-0.4 at top lift and then K is what it is. For example if you have 2,8mm lift K is 3.0-3.2. Follow me?

and now even more info...

I put a shim in. Put rotor in an take pump To top lift. Mesaure from plan To plunger under the 3 size plug. If i get for example 0.7 mm i increase the shim with 0.3-0.5 mm

Want to have this info in several places.

92EcoDiesel Jetta:
Anyone know why VW idi TD pumps have different delivery valves (shorter) than other pumps such as my EcoDiesel (with longer delivery valves)? Are there any spec differences other than the length?

Just found this great youtube video on VE pump assembly by DrDiesel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n94BvDvDJgM

sgnimj96:
Here's a great video I picked up somewhere off the web
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpF6hsJWiEw&feature=youtu.be

sgnimj96:

internal injection pump pressure

Post by Fatmobile » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:38 am
I started reading Hagar's tuning thread and thought it would be a good idea to grab some gems from it and give them their own thread.
Internal pump pressure is a very important part of what he is teaching us so it seems like a great place to start.
From Hagar's hillbilly tuning post, 2nd page near the bottom:

"Pressure in pump MUST be 43.5 Psi at 1000 RPM engine "
    "Pressure at 2000 Rpm -about 75.4 Psi"

Internal pump pressure will determine how much fuel flows through the "OUT" bolt on top of the pump. From Hagar's page #3:

"If the IP flow is less than about 25 litres per hour at idle ---you will never get to really great Smileage. "

An hour seems like a long test so values for shorter times will be listed when I (or someone else) find them and can post them here.
On page 4 Hagar notes:

.SAGA : ---- somehow a TYPO sneaked in here somewhere ---so here are the numbers for you ALL one more time.
    Numbers are from BOSCH and given for the 107 A pumps.

PUMP RPM first. 500 RPM 3 bar 750 RPM 4.1 bar 1000 RPM 5.2 bar.

so we can plot a line to 2000 RPM say 10.4 bar --EH ? ---ergo at 4000 RPM ENGINE ---about 150 PSIG

Last edited by Fatmobile on Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version