Author Topic: mTDI caddy up and running but not building boost or power  (Read 12166 times)

Reply #45July 03, 2013, 03:44:42 am

bbob203

• Veteran

Re: mTDI caddy up and running but not building boost or power
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2013, 03:44:42 am »
only thing I want to do to mine is pull the dash and front carpet and get rid of 90& of useless b3 wiring.
92 Passat wagon M-TDi
03 Jetta wagon TDi
VE Timing tools for rent
Need a car transported a long distance? Pm me for details.

Reply #46July 03, 2013, 03:48:38 am

bbob203

• Veteran

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 03:48:38 am »
only thing I want to do to mine is pull the dash and front carpet and get rid of 90& of useless b3 wiring.
92 Passat wagon M-TDi
03 Jetta wagon TDi
VE Timing tools for rent
Need a car transported a long distance? Pm me for details.

Reply #47July 12, 2013, 08:41:17 am

thegimpster

• Administrator
  • Junior

• VDubShirts.com Awesome VW themed shirts with attitude
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2013, 08:41:17 am »
As they say when the bill collector calls, the check is in the mail. And now the waiting begins. I also talked to a friend of mine who has a European parts store and he may be selling his extended cab caddy with a turbo diesel in it. if I can get it for a good price I may grab it and throw my mtdi into it so I can have a caddy with some leg room. It has a 2 door front section on it with 2 door doors, and is bright yellow.
Check out www.vdubshirts.com for cool VW themed shirts with attitude.

Reply #48August 24, 2013, 10:16:57 am

thegimpster

• Administrator
  • Junior

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2013, 10:16:57 am »
My pump should be in next week and I will try to get it put on probably the same day or day after it gets in. Getting some bigger nozzles from Ben to put in it while i'm at it. I'll do some tuning to it to get it up and running good... then I may pull the whole shebang out of the caddy. I found an extended cab caddy about an hour and a half from me and I may fix that up instead of my caddy and put my mtdi into it.

Reply #49September 09, 2013, 12:37:53 pm

thegimpster

• Administrator
  • Junior

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 12:37:53 pm »
Good news update! Pump got in last week and I got it put on. Took some messing with it to get it to run right. I got the new nozzles off of Ben and got them installed friday and put in on Saturday. Then a little more  tuning, standing on our heads, and beers later and she rolls coal like the big boys. It pulls nice and hard and will build about 10-12 psi. I had about 14psi without the intercooler and with the old nozzles but with a little more work I'll bring those numbers up. I'd like to get 18 or so. I also need to put a diesel tranny in it and get rid of the gasser one, but i may wait till i drop it in the extended cab body. It also needs brakes and suspension bad since it has no of either. You get above 55 and it gets a little sketchy and bouncy.

Reply #50September 09, 2013, 05:11:51 pm

thegimpster

• Administrator
  • Junior

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 05:11:51 pm »
back at 14 psi with a 10 second or so 0-60. might be faster if i was in a better spot without a curve into a bridge. Little more tweaking and a water meth kit and we will call it good. Going tomorrow to pick up an extended cab caddy with a bad turbo diesel. going to fix it up and drop my mtdi in it.

S-PAutomotive.com